PDA

View Full Version : AQo in EP on levels I and II.

tripdad
11-30-2005, 01:54 AM
i generally raise with this in any position, but i have run into some trouble with it in early positon. i could simply be running bad with it...it seems when i am beaten with it, it is frequently to a dominated Q or Ace, or to people who simply won't go away on a draw (note that i rarely bet more than 1/2 pot as a continuation, whether or not i've hit the flop in the first 2 stages of a tourney).

early on in a tourney, do you guys limp it, raise it, or muck it? continuation bet or no when you miss?

tripdad

bluefeet
11-30-2005, 02:28 AM
That would depend on the structure. 800chip game will give you a mix of fold/limp...a few raises. 1500chip game, I generally make a standard 3x unopened in EP-MP...sometimes limp, never fold.

C-b'ing would of course depend largely on the number of callers (and position, considering your only caller might come from the blinds). OOP I'm a little more gaurded with the c-b's...generally more apt to c-b with some broadway on board (as IMO, a cold-call from behind...at the early levels, is less likely to respect a modest c-b on a rag flop) -- very rarely firing twice OOP, still whiffing.

Post some examples when you run across them - they make for some interesting/troubling decisions (thus, the always safe/wise 'fold PF' advice in the 800's).

tigerite
11-30-2005, 08:33 AM
With 1k stacks I usually raise it.

11-30-2005, 08:51 AM
I fold, very troublesome in EP and at level 1&2 it isnt worth it. i dont limp in from EP with marginal hands coz u have to many players waiting to act behind you who can push you out.
Fold and consider it the right choice!!!

This really applys to the first 3-4 levels where there are still between 7-10 players at the table.

AllinDan
11-30-2005, 08:58 AM
woah. AQo can definitely be difficult, but is very profitable in levels 3 and 4. In level 1/2 I usually limp it early and play a multiway flop cautiously even if I do hit (though there'll definitely be times you can stack someone overplaying a weaker ace). Once the blinds hit 25/50, I'll open raise 3xbb with it from pretty much any position

AA suited
11-30-2005, 10:38 AM
at 50+5 lvl1+2, I fold aqo @EP, limp at MP, raise in LP

i also fold aqo at sb/bb to a 3x raise. no need to risk going broke at lvl1+2 vs AK and an Ace flops.

tripdad
11-30-2005, 12:47 PM
thanks for the input guys. i'll definitely scale back my aggression with the hand in EP per your advice.

tripdad