PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a Saturn (trip report)

Jeebus
11-30-2005, 01:50 AM
When I graduated high school my parents bought me a car. I got a used 2000 Firebird, it was 2001. Turned out that car had been hit and seriously injured before I bought it. Flash to about a year ago and one side of the car start falling apart. I try to keep it up but it keeps geting worse and thanks to a lucky run in X and a few other good investments decided to get myself a car. My parents have had saturns and liked them and since they are about 2500 less than their counterparts I gave it a try. Got myself the max power ION 3 with manual transmission (my first car was and I have been stuck ever since). I approached the car with the idea that it would work out since it was cheap and it was the first car I bought for myself and was brand new so I could deal with it not being great. I love the car. The interior is well designed. Everything is well reachable. Visibility is great and so is the ride. I got the extra horsepower package and the car can pull when it needs to.
To anyone looking for a great cheap car, check saturn. I'm impressed.

Now if only someone from saturn reads this and gives me some money.

11-30-2005, 02:18 AM
What is the stereo system like in it? Os it power locks/windows? About how much did it cost?

Yobz
11-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Happy you like the car. The car is definitely not for me, but gratz /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeebus
11-30-2005, 05:52 PM
I had to get the XM radio plus good speakers installed. Its not as good as the Monsoon systtem that was in my Firebird but it is above average for a factory install. It could use a sub. Power Windows/Locks automatically included.
I passed on very few features and the quote plus taxes came just over 18,000 then I got $500 off for finacing plus a 500 gift card to target (XBBOX 360 here I come) and they gave me a great amount of trade in for my broke ass firebird.

11-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Right on man sounds like a good buy for you