PDA

View Full Version : QTo vs Stealer...how you play it?

MAxx
11-30-2005, 01:49 AM
Ultimate Bet 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) No real read: guy seems pretty standard, a little lag pf, a little passive post.

I have Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB

Button opens, SB folds, I call.

4.5 SB Pot

Flop: (0.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif </font>
I c/r, Button calls

4.25 BB Pot

Turn: (0.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif </font>

I bet, Button raises, I call

8.25 BB Pot

River: (0.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif </font>

I check, I call

10.25 BB POT

Lmn55d
11-30-2005, 02:12 AM
I'd play it the same way. You say he's lag pf so this could actually be a worse queen waiting for the turn. It could also be a hand like AJ/KJ/TJ/J9 etc. raising for a free showdown. Finally, even though you say he's a little passive, it could be a semibluff raise with TK, AT, etc.

A lot of guys will bluff their missed draws on the river so I like check/calling there. The only reason to bet the river is if you think he's taking a free showdown a lot with a worse hand, but I don't think he will be and I wouldn't feel comfortable folding to a raise.

I also don't like 3betting the turn because missed draws bluff so often and 3 bets is too many imo for your hand as you are behind a decent amount of hands.

Victor
11-30-2005, 05:32 AM
looks standard. if he is at all aggro you are gonna see aj and kj fairly often here.