PDA

View Full Version : Medical Fields for College Grads Info?

Diggslick
11-30-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm posting to ask for info on possible medical careers. (other than a doctor of course)

I graduted with a political science degree three years ago. I've alway figured on going to grad school once I got more serious on my career, but was thinking more in the line of law school or a M.B.A. I don't have much college credit in science clasess. (though did well in h.s.)

Lately, I've been hearing of friends or acqauntences that have been graduating from medical programs. (X-ray tech, Nuclear medicine) While I definitely don't have complete info on these careers, they do seem to be more toward the lifestyle that I am looking for in terms of pay/hours ratio.

I definitely want to be comfortable financially,(more so than the salary of a teach could provide) but I'm not the type of person who desires to be really wealthy at the expense of excessive work hours. ( Have some friends working as Investment bankers and I know that is not for me)

Can anyone comment on possible career paths in the aforementioned or similiar fields? Are my perceptions at least somewhat acuatate? The programs I know of are mostly two year programs in place of college, are there fields or paths that would be more productive and appropriate for a college grad?

Heres Caprice
http://www.geocities.com/hotbourret/cold04.jpg

Diggslick
11-30-2005, 11:50 AM
No love for Caprice?