PDA

View Full Version : Sweat me as I write my 3000 word paper - All nighter!

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 01:26 AM
I'm currently on word 350 of 3000. It is currently 12:25am EST, and the paper is due at 2pm EST. Help me get through the night with words of encouragment, or just call me a [censored] for waiting until the last minute.

The paper is on the future of water transportation in the Greenpoint-Williamsburg area in Brooklyn.

I took my first No-Doz at approx 11:45pm after getting a little tired, and I feel like i could run a [censored] marathon right now!

I'll check back in about 90 minutes. Thanks OOT!

IronDragon1
11-30-2005, 01:27 AM
Make sure to stop EXACTLY at the 3000th word

Macdaddy Warsaw
11-30-2005, 01:28 AM
GREENPOINT IN DA HOUUUUUSE. HOLLER BACK MY POLACKS.

WackityWhiz
11-30-2005, 01:29 AM
GL man, however you are starting a little before a hardcore procrastinator would /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wish you the best of luck, I'll check back later

Thesaurus (http://thesaurus.reference.com/)

11-30-2005, 01:30 AM
I am currently on word 2600 of a 4000 word paper on the early dissention of the Mormon Church /images/graemlins/frown.gif I started it yesterday and it's due tomorrow at 9am /images/graemlins/crazy.gif GD, I hate joseph smith! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

<font color="white"> stupid mormons </font>

PokerGoblin
11-30-2005, 01:39 AM
How did you get stuck with such a boring topic such as that?

11-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Good luck bro, and don't forget to take breaks.
Also, Dictionary (http://www.dictionary.com)

jesusarenque
11-30-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm writing an essay on the influence of international law on the Supreme Court's decision in Roper v. Simmons. It is only 1200 words, though, so it's not too bad.

billyjex
11-30-2005, 01:50 AM
cocaine

Voltron87
11-30-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm writing an essay on the influence of international law on the Supreme Court's decision in Roper v. Simmons. It is only 1200 words, though, so it's not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesn't sound too hard or bad at all. youre not at wash u in st louis are you? I know a bunch of people there.

Evan
11-30-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesn't sound too hard or bad at all. youre not at wash u in st louis are you? I know a bunch of people there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone that went to high school in New York knows a bunch of people at Wash U.

jesusarenque
11-30-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saint Louis University Law School. No, it's not bad at all. I just felt like joining the crowd.

Voltron87
11-30-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone that went to high school in New York knows a bunch of people at Wash U.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont you have papers and [censored] to write?

Evan
11-30-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. At least not right now. Do you know that P. Dirty and I are different people?

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 02:04 AM
Update #1

I'm at 500 words! 1/6 the way done!

to macdaddy - have you ever taken a water taxi in new york? would you do it to commute from greenpoint to wall st/midtown?

to pokergoblin - i do not find this boring. i'm a senior in the urban design program at NYU. hopefully i'll get into a nice grad school somewhere out west (after taking a year off of course). this is probably the best course i have taken at NYU.

to everyone else writing papers tonight, good luck. if you get tired, take some No-Doz, that [censored] is [censored] incredible.

Voltron87
11-30-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. At least not right now. Do you know that P. Dirty and I are different people?

[/ QUOTE ]

p dirty was telling me how its crunch time, so I assumed you both would have mideterms/etc at the same time.

edtost
11-30-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you have milk to chug?

Evan
11-30-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

p dirty was telling me how its crunch time, so I assumed you both would have mideterms/etc at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a lot of [censored] to do in the next 10 days, but nothing tomorrow.

11-30-2005, 02:17 AM
School is for losers. Play some poker.

Macdaddy Warsaw
11-30-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Update #1

I'm at 500 words! 1/6 the way done!

to macdaddy - have you ever taken a water taxi in new york? would you do it to commute from greenpoint to wall st/midtown?

to pokergoblin - i do not find this boring. i'm a senior in the urban design program at NYU. hopefully i'll get into a nice grad school somewhere out west (after taking a year off of course). this is probably the best course i have taken at NYU.

to everyone else writing papers tonight, good luck. if you get tired, take some No-Doz, that [censored] is [censored] incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I would just take the L train and take whatever train I wanted to from Union Square. I don't even think you can get a water taxi up here. Hell, I've never even heard of a water taxi in NYC. Does this make me stupid? You should talk to the other NYCers and Williamsburgers...

The first thing I thought when you said water and greenpoint was the Newtown Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant aka The Most Foul Smelling Thing in the World...

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 02:27 AM
no, this doesn't make you stupid. i've never ridden a water taxi. in fact, total ridership for the city per day is about 1000 on average. for a city of 8,000,000+, 1000 is not a lot.

i have been on a boat up newtown creek though. it's [censored] gross. the water is black and oily.
there is no water taxi service to greenpoint. yet. certainly you have heard of the rezoning that has gone on along the waterfront, no? if not, go here to find out more:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/greenpointwill/greenoverview.shtml

where do you live in greenpoint? and how long have you lived there?

RiverTheNuts
11-30-2005, 02:29 AM
I got put in charge of finishing and editing an 85 page proposal and a 40 slide powerpoint presentation by my group... god I [censored] hate group work... both are due tomorrow morning... SWEAT

PS - This proposal is 29,000 words, I hate you

11-30-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am currently on word 2600 of a 4000 word paper on the early dissention of the Mormon Church /images/graemlins/frown.gif I started it yesterday and it's due tomorrow at 9am /images/graemlins/crazy.gif GD, I hate joseph smith! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugggg 3200 words and pretty much out of actual content to write about. I need 800 words of fluff /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Macdaddy Warsaw
11-30-2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I've heard about the rezoning. I've lived on McGuinness all my life. Biggest move of my life was 5 houses down. Well, I mean, I'm in college now and had an apartment during the summer, but my permanent residence is still here.

Heh, you think going up newtown creek is bad, I've been to the place on a field trip back in 8th grade and we all went inside the room where they lift the solid waste out of the water. It was definitely the worst smelling place I've ever been.

Actually, I could see how going up the creek would be worse...

craig r
11-30-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugggg 3200 words and pretty much out of actual content to write about. I need 800 words of fluff /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"...and 85 years later they are probably some of the most determined group of people. I see some in my neighborhood riding on their bikes and they would put Lance Armstrong to shame. They are much more efficient than the 'other' door to door Christians. Why walk, when you can ride? Why give a 20 page magazine, when you give out a video..."

diebitter
11-30-2005, 02:40 AM
Promise me you'll drop an 'obviously' in there somewhere.

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Promise me you'll drop an 'obviously' in there somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously.

11-30-2005, 02:52 AM
I believe that your conclusion should be the end of the paper.... i.e.:

blablablablablablablabla
bla
blablabla
blablablablabla (2998 words)

In conclusion,

jesusarenque
11-30-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe that your conclusion should be the end of the paper.... i.e.:

blablablablablablablabla
bla
blablabla
blablablablabla (2998 words)

In conclusion,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. It should obviously be "Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders Screw Flanders"

11-30-2005, 02:57 AM
yes of course, I am ashamed.

hit me.

(reference to the movie Robots... its funny as hell)

RiverTheNuts
11-30-2005, 02:57 AM
I hope "ergo" and "henceforth" make an appearance into the report

11-30-2005, 02:58 AM
wheretofor, whyfor, thusly should also make appearances (not really sure if those are all really words).

TeeJayORTj
11-30-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently on word 350 of 3000. It is currently 12:25am EST, and the paper is due at 2pm EST. Help me get through the night with words of encouragment, or just call me a [censored] for waiting until the last minute.

The paper is on the future of water transportation in the Greenpoint-Williamsburg area in Brooklyn.

I took my first No-Doz at approx 11:45pm after getting a little tired, and I feel like i could run a [censored] marathon right now!

I'll check back in about 90 minutes. Thanks OOT!

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] like this makes me glad I go to Northeastern and I am currently on co-op. In my case this consists of 20 hours a week of "work" (more like 12) and way too much free time for drinking and other activities.

jesusarenque
11-30-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope "ergo" and "henceforth" make an appearance into the report

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never written an essay without them, and I never will. Also, I am ending it with a haiku.

(The title is "The Influence of International Law on the U.S. Supreme Court's Decision in Roper v. Simmons (OR: The Influence of International Law on Antonin Scalia's Blood Pressure))

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 03:39 AM
Update #2

I'm at 825 words, and I'm suffering from some major ADHD. For once, I'm actually not looking at OOT every 5 seconds, but my mind is on everything except this paper, including, but not limited to, playing some Halo 2, the smell that seems to be coming from my ass, having sex with women, taking another No-Doz even though I still feel like I could run a marathon, saving every 3 words and hoping my computer doesn't crash, the yankees putting jeter in center, and many other things not related to my paper. I'm thinking that there is no way this thing is getting longer than 2500 words, for my paragraphs are usually short and to the point, but a couple of well placed photos and graphs should extend the length a bit. My professor is a crazy quaker (seriously) and might actually count the words though.

I'd like to point out that my roommate is pulling his 2nd straight all nighter in a row (silly CS majors), and is also currently 'high' on the No-Doz.

11-30-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Update #2

I'm at 825 words, and I'm suffering from some major ADHD. For once, I'm actually not looking at OOT every 5 seconds, but my mind is on everything except this paper, including, but not limited to, playing some Halo 2, the smell that seems to be coming from my ass, having sex with women, taking another No-Doz even though I still feel like I could run a marathon, saving every 3 words and hoping my computer doesn't crash, the yankees putting jeter in center, and many other things not related to my paper. I'm thinking that there is no way this thing is getting longer than 2500 words, for my paragraphs are usually short and to the point, but a couple of well placed photos and graphs should extend the length a bit. My professor is a crazy quaker (seriously) and might actually count the words though.

I'd like to point out that my roommate is pulling his 2nd straight all nighter in a row (silly CS majors) , and is also currently 'high' on the No-Doz.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to say, that sounds pretty normal, but then again Im a cs/cg double major, so I guess we're just all that way.

11-30-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done and done. Suprisingly easy to make subtle Mormon jokes for 800 words. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Awwwww sleeeeeeepyyyyyyy

Macdaddy Warsaw
11-30-2005, 03:51 AM
I seriously sucked ass the second year of college so I took a semester off and when I go back, I think I'm vowing to not pull any all-nighters, because I seriously know exactly what you're talking about. I think it's the caffeine that kills you though, because it's such a hit of stimulation that your brain goes into overdrive. I also have no idea what I'm talking about, but whenever I pulled an all-nighter and drank red bull and all that BS, I could never sit still and actually write the goddamn paper. It was awful.

11-30-2005, 03:54 AM
I wish I could help you guys, I actually enjoy writing papers (I know) and can write fluff that sounds good but is actually about nothing for hours on end. I made pretty good money popping papers like that out in about 2 hours or so.

Oh well...

Publos Nemesis
11-30-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Update #2

I'd like to point out that my roommate is pulling his 2nd straight all nighter in a row (silly CS majors), and is also currently 'high' on the No-Doz.

[/ QUOTE ]

My job entails working up to 120 hrs a week. The trick to running on 3 hrs of sleep a night for weeks on end is to exercise and to not overdose on the caffeine. Your reaction is common when people take too much caffeine. You brain cannot focus b/c it is too active. I suggest going for walk or run outside and trying to burn off a little of the excess energy. It will calm you down and you can plan out the paper at the same time.

I know about this [censored]. I had to write my 60 page thesis in 2 days. That [censored] was [censored] hard, but it simply requires focus.

You can do it.

holla.

RiverTheNuts
11-30-2005, 04:03 AM
Im still up doing autocad design for our 85 page paper and 40 slide powerpoint ...

I hate life

Macdaddy Warsaw
11-30-2005, 04:06 AM
I think I'm pretty good at writing fluff too, but I feel dirty after I do it.

PITTM
11-30-2005, 04:07 AM
i am currently on page 14 of my 18 page senior thesis, all the research is done and it is due at 11pm on tuesday the 6th. i am doing a presentation on the paper thursday afternoon. i then have to write a 7 page paper for my politics class that i have done no research for by Monday the 5th at 2pm. I also have a fairly easy final on Monday at 8am. So yeah, lots of work to do in the next 6 days, but they will be my last 6 days of college, so its worth some work i suppose.

rj

11-30-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i am currently on page 14 of my 18 page senior thesis, all the research is done and it is due at 11pm on tuesday the 6th. i am doing a presentation on the paper thursday afternoon. i then have to write a 7 page paper for my politics class that i have done no research for by Monday the 5th at 2pm. I also have a fairly easy final on Monday at 8am. So yeah, lots of work to do in the next 6 days, but they will be my last 6 days of college, so its worth some work i suppose.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're gonna get tanked and go streakin.... right?

guys?

Victor
11-30-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im still up doing autocad design for our 85 page paper and 40 slide powerpoint ...

I hate life

[/ QUOTE ]

autocad is like the worst cad program.

11-30-2005, 04:11 AM
screw cad, man up and use 3ds max.

I'll send you a converter.

RiverTheNuts
11-30-2005, 04:20 AM
Its not actually autocad... its MS Visio or some [censored], cause its a building plan and I was too lazy to do real CAD..

diebitter
11-30-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done and done. Suprisingly easy to make subtle Mormon jokes for 800 words. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Awwwww sleeeeeeepyyyyyyy

[/ QUOTE ]

NO!

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

80 times.

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 05:02 AM
Update #3 (4am)

I'm now at 1000 words, and I have a massive case of the hiccups, which will take 45 minutes to rid myself of /images/graemlins/mad.gif I'm still not tired, but the only way I can get rid of the hiccups is by lying down, which will probably make me tired.

Everyone tell Evan he need to join facebook, and disclose the name of the girl with the boob on her nose.

housenuts
11-30-2005, 06:06 AM
how many words are you going for? i'm 4th year, graduating in december, and i've probably written at least 15 2,500-3,000 word papers in my career. i'd say i average about 60% of the word requirement for my papers. i'm very happy with 2,000 words for a 3,000 word paper. i usually get it back with "great summary, a little short, but you hit most of the major points, and your thesis was clear and concise - B+"

once i did 800 words for a 3,000 and got a C. i was very happy.

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Update #4 (845am)

I have 5 hrs, 15 minutes left until it's due. I have 1300 words. I think this paper will be a major success if it gets to 2500 words. I took a nap from 445-810, because I got the hiccups, and I could not get rid of them. Of course, lying down made me tired, and I decided to say [censored] it and take a nap. I'm now at the computer lab, where I should be more focused, and there is less to distract me. I woke up a tad groggy, so I took 1/2 of a No-Doz. Hopefully that does the trick. I'd also like to add that I started to develop a sickness that I imagine is similar to the bird flu at about 2am. So now I get to be sick the rest of the week. My class is from 2-445 today, and then I have another class tonight 620-830. Boy is that late class going to suck.

handsome
11-30-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't think you're gonna make it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Update #5 10:05am

1750 words baby! Writer's block will set in about word 2000. Give me some ideas about water transportation that I can talk about, and get an e-cookie from me!

vexvelour
11-30-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how many words are you going for? i'm 4th year, graduating in december, and i've probably written at least 15 2,500-3,000 word papers in my career. i'd say i average about 60% of the word requirement for my papers. i'm very happy with 2,000 words for a 3,000 word paper. i usually get it back with "great summary, a little short, but you hit most of the major points, and your thesis was clear and concise - B+"

once i did 800 words for a 3,000 and got a C. i was very happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this, P Dirty. I always turn in short papers, and half the time no one even notices. (Except when I turned in 5 pages on a 10-pager, got a C). Don't freak out, I know how you feel right now, cracked out and ready for this [censored] to be over.

Keep at it man. 2500, or even 2000 words is nothing to be ashamed of.

steaknshake925
11-30-2005, 11:34 AM
what's No-Doz? like a caffine pill? can you get it at walgreens?

11-30-2005, 11:39 AM
you write slow

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 11:47 AM
i got my No-Doz at Duane Reade, a large pharmacy in the NYC area. $6 for 50 pills /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4_2_it
11-30-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1750 words baby! Writer's block will set in about word 2000. Give me some ideas about water transportation that I can talk about, and get an e-cookie from me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you mentioned hydrofoils like the ones Diebitter uses to cross the Channel when he goes to hook up with French chicks?

diebitter
11-30-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you mentioned hydrofoils like the ones Diebitter uses to cross the Channel when he goes to hook up with French chicks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! That's a viscious lie. I got my hands full here!

istewart
11-30-2005, 01:39 PM
OMG you write slow.

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 01:42 PM
no, i write fast. when i'm focused. which is about 10% of the time.

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 01:47 PM
OMSG, i just thought of the best title ever!

<u>Hailing a Water Taxi: Can Greenpoint Grab the Water Cab?</u>

pokerdirty
11-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Final Update. I finished with 2300 words. I stretched this thing out as far as humanly possible. There is very little information on this subject at the time being.

I widened the margins on both sides .1", and increased the spacing to 2.1x instead of double and got almost 3/4 extra page. Not to mention I used a very heavy weight paper, so it is thicker as well /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks to all that helped me get through the night /images/graemlins/smile.gif, now I only have to stay awake through 6 hours of class today /images/graemlins/frown.gif