PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

11-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Alright, so I've been playing SitNGos for three months now with some limited success. I started of pretty strong, started reading books (HOH1, started HOH2...) (havent had much time lately) But right now, things aren't going well. I feel like variance is a [censored] bitch, but I also feel like i'm not playing well. I know I'm missing opportunities to push on the bubble, of I know I'm too weak-tight often. I know I'm a better player that I was at the beginning, but I was getting more success 2 months ago, than right now, this may be due to variance, but it may also be due too the fact that i became too weak-tight, I don't know. I would like someone to review HH for some SitNGos I recently played and tell what I'm doing wrong. I really want to get better, I'm reading this forum a lot and it helps, but I feel like I need a more "personnal" input on the game I'm playing right now. So if anyone's interested in helping me out, PM me.

I would really appreciate it.

11-30-2005, 01:26 AM
Do you use PokerTracker? How about SnG Power Tools?

Spend the money to purchase both, and learn how to use them. And finish HOH2 before you play too many more!

Try posting some hands up here too. People do review entire sng HHs, but they charge money (as they should). I'd suggest leaving the paid tutoring for after you got all the basics down.

Onaflag
11-30-2005, 01:26 AM
PM me for my e-mail address. I'll look one over for you. I'm no high limit superstar like the rest of the board, but I'd be happy to point out what I think might be low limit mistakes.

Onaflag...........

11-30-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And finish HOH2 before you play too many more!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I´ve read Tournamen Hold´em for advanced players by David Sklansky once from cover to cover and now I just check specific parts of it when I´m unsure aboute the way I play. Is HOH1 and HOH2 better than Sklanskys book, and in case they are, in what way? I only just started with SnG´s $5+0,5 at Betsson (PokerRoom skin). I´ve played 10.SnG´s and I´ve finished ITM two times, 4th two times, 5-6th 4 times and 10th two times (All-in with AA and QQ. Sucked out both times by J3s and A2o). I use the guidelines of Aleos guide mostly, but still I don´t feel confident when I play.
Any ideas??

//M

pergesu
11-30-2005, 07:03 AM
Have you read every thread in Shadow's favorite threads list (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1918735)? Doing so will help you tremendously. Once you understand everything in there to a reasonable degree, you can begin to ask meaningful questions, and even lend your own insight into others' problems.

11-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I've started reading this thread last week, I haven't finished reading it, but it's a great read. And I'll continue doint it as soon as I have time.

Also, if someone plays on stars (11s or 22s) and would like me to watch him play while talking on MSN (?) about the hands in progress it would be pretty nice. PM me of just answer here