PDA

View Full Version : TT Deep Stacks, Play This Along With Me

CIncyHR
11-30-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm in the process of moving over to NL from limit. Absolutely crushed 25NL on Party, so moving up to 50 NL. I'm comfortable in most situations, but this one made me feel a little off. Play every street with me, starting preflop:

UTG +1 is a standard TAGish predictable guy. Earlier I busted him with KK when he had QQ.

SB was sitting quite deep stacked when I sat down, but seems to be a donk, calling raises WAY too much preflop. Dont have HUD up and running yet becuase I just reformatted my hard drive, but I would guess this guy is in the 40/5 range.

Stacks:
SB 200
Hero (BB) 100
UTG +1 50

I post BB (.50)and am dealt T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG +1 limps, sb minraises to $1. I think about smoothcalling, but would prefer to play the pot heads up against SB, and think he'll call with LOTS of worse hands. So I bump it up to $5.

Analysis? Thoughts? Comments? Flames?

I'll post the next street after we talk about this one.

elus2
11-30-2005, 01:03 AM
i bump to 3.5 preflop instead.

CIncyHR
11-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Yeah I thought about that too, but I REALLY wanted UTG +1 to fold so I could get heads up with donkey SB, plus I'm fairly certain hes still calling with a MASSIVE range for $5.

11-30-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I thought about that too, but I REALLY wanted UTG +1 to fold so I could get heads up with donkey SB, plus I'm fairly certain hes still calling with a MASSIVE range for $5.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 calls massive range for 4 more? or SB?

DJ Sensei
11-30-2005, 01:08 AM
With position on SB, this reraise is fine, although perhaps a bit large.

If either UTG or SB reraises, I'd slow down a lot, only continuing with a set.

Regardless, I don't want to play a big pot here without a set, so be careful with the pot size.

CIncyHR
11-30-2005, 01:09 AM
SB. Earlier whenI busted UTG+1 with KK, UTG+1 made it 3 preflop, SB called, I made it 13, UTG+1 calls, and so does SB. I know this guy doesnt like folding once hes got money in preflop.

11-30-2005, 01:12 AM
If SB calls for 4 more and it pushes out UTG+1, then it should be right, right?

CIncyHR
11-30-2005, 01:12 AM
That was my thought.

CIncyHR
11-30-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the process of moving over to NL from limit. Absolutely crushed 25NL on Party, so moving up to 50 NL. I'm comfortable in most situations, but this one made me feel a little off. Play every street with me, starting preflop:

UTG +1 is a standard TAGish predictable guy. Earlier I busted him with KK when he had QQ.

SB was sitting quite deep stacked when I sat down, but seems to be a donk, calling raises WAY too much preflop. Dont have HUD up and running yet becuase I just reformatted my hard drive, but I would guess this guy is in the 40/5 range.

Stacks:
SB 200
Hero (BB) 100
UTG +1 50

I post BB (.50)and am dealt T T . UTG +1 limps, sb minraises to $1. I think about smoothcalling, but would prefer to play the pot heads up against SB, and think he'll call with LOTS of worse hands. So I bump it up to $5.

Analysis? Thoughts? Comments? Flames?

I'll post the next street after we talk about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

So UTG+1 calls my $5,a s does SB (doh).

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I'm feeling pretty good about this, but SB decides to donkbet $15 into a $15 pot. My stack is 90, he has me covered, and UTG+1 is still to act behind me.

xorbie
11-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Call. Not a very dangerous flop, not a very great hand, no reason to go nuts.

wdeadwyler
12-01-2005, 02:36 PM
A call prob wont slow this guy down the way it should if he is a moron. What kind of moron is he? Will he do this with a big hand or a draw like 78. 9As is definately in his hand range. I am gonna tend to discount a set here. If we just call, we will likely be looking at another big turn bet, as he will think we are calling with "missed overs" If he sucks. This is a REALLY tough spot to play. Im gonna flop, and if me makes another move on the turn, I might even play back at him. If he is the kinda donkey I think he is, then his range here is something like.

[97-9A, 77-AA (99 not included), 78s/o, 69s, 45s, MAYBE even 63s].

Against that range...

85,140 games 0.111 secs 767,027 games/sec

Board: 9c 6h 3s
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 57.3861 % 56.80% 00.59% { TdTs }
Hand 2: 42.6139 % 42.02% 00.59% { TT+, 88-77, A9s, K9s, Q9s, J9s, T9s, 96s+, 87s, 63s, 54s, A9o, K9o }

This is without weights (and my first, albeit sloppy attempt at poker stove analysis). I think it is less likely we are up against kk and aa, and 63, so that gives you some more equity, but prob not enough to raise here. I also discounted sets because I think it is VERY unlikely he has one, given your description of him, I would expect a c/minraise or c/c c/r turn with a set. The question really is, if we call (which I think you probably did) what do we do on the turn.

Obviously if UTG wakes up we are done with the hand.

12-01-2005, 02:41 PM
I like the PF raise since you surely have the best hand here but I'd make it smaller to control the pot size. Maybe $3-$4. The Turn is tricky. You're probably ahead of SB but you still have to worry about UTG+1. I think you're ahead of SB but I'd probably call and see what UTG+1 does. If he raises your outta here. If he just calls you must proceed with EXTREME CAUTION. Other than 7 8 there are no draws so there's really nothing you beat other than TP.