PDA

View Full Version : Flopped nut straight... good time to push?

11-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (43.96)
Villan (23.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero raises to $1
Villan calls
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $1
Villan raises to $5
Hero raises to $32.96 all-in

Maulik
11-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Looks good and its shorter stack on villain's part.

11-30-2005, 01:05 AM
If I want to get all his money, I 3 bet so he's getting 2-1 or 1.5-1 odds and then push the rest on the turn

11-30-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I want to get all his money, I 3 bet so he's getting 2-1 or 1.5-1 odds and then push the rest on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

do you still feel that way when a K /images/graemlins/spade.gif comes on turn?

11-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Depends. If he has two-pair or flush draw and you make it 1.5:1 for him to call, he still makes mistake. If you want to win it right there, then push; if you want his stack, see my above post. He's *still* making a mistake, it just depends on his range of hands here. Is the pot big enough that you want to win it right there? I might get greedy and aim for his stack, and not worry about one card or a spade that could break me.

11-30-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends. If he has two-pair or flush draw and you make it 1.5:1 for him to call, he still makes mistake. If you want to win it right there, then push; if you want his stack, see my above post. He's *still* making a mistake, it just depends on his range of hands here. Is the pot big enough that you want to win it right there? I might get greedy and aim for his stack, and not worry about one card or a spade that could break me.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya i put him on either AK KK QQ JJ. Figured i was way ahead of QQ after flop, and his bet was strong. Turns out he had KJ.