PDA

View Full Version : Real World Reunion

IndieMatty
11-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Are you guys watching this shitshow!? holy crap.

WackityWhiz
11-29-2005, 11:57 PM
my gf is calling me when it's over... was it bad?

IndieMatty
11-29-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my gf is calling me when it's over... was it bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its awesome!!

Ulysses
11-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Matt,

I stopped watching the Real World midway through the season because it sucked, however I TiVo'd this just in case!

Thanks,
El Diablo

Evan
11-30-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Matt,

I stopped watching the Real World midway through the season because it sucked, however I TiVo'd this just in case!

Thanks,
El Diablo

[/ QUOTE ]
What did you do after Laguna Beach ended?

gorie
11-30-2005, 12:27 AM
i wanted to see this. think they'll play it again ?

B Dids
11-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Well MTV never replays anything ever, so like... no.

IndieMatty
11-30-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the sarcasm war, I'd say gorie was being sarcastic and dids, you missed it.

Gorie?

11-30-2005, 12:36 AM
haha, my cousin lives in austin and got in a fistfight with some drunk black dude who picked a fight with him for no reason.. about a week and a half later he found out the guy was on the show. yay.

Los Feliz Slim
11-30-2005, 12:38 AM
When you guys watch this you're laughing AT, not laughing WITH, right?

B Dids
11-30-2005, 12:45 AM
asldkjfasdlkfjasdkj

I've been snookered!!!

gorie
11-30-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the sarcasm war, I'd say gorie was being sarcastic and dids, you missed it.

Gorie?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's like a puzzle with pans, if you think about it.

i actually wasn't sure, but i was trying to ask with sarcasm to get the reassurance. i mean i figured they would, but i was worried, since i didn't want to miss it or anything. i'm sneaky like that.

lighterjobs
11-30-2005, 12:59 AM
I can't believe wes and johanna are together omg wtf.

ThaSaltCracka
11-30-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]God DAMNIT thanks for ruining it, you ass. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

thatpfunk
11-30-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]God DAMNIT thanks for ruining it, you ass. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
11-30-2005, 03:02 AM
awesome, I always knew Danny was a douche.

thatpfunk
11-30-2005, 03:08 AM
wow, this was spectacular. way better than any episode

cdxx
11-30-2005, 03:10 AM
the bar wasn't high

11-30-2005, 03:34 AM
Are any of you old enough to remember if MTV actually ever was music television?

Im not, and Im 21.

It's kind of a joke, they really need to change the name.

btw, Im wondering if any of you guys who watch these shows crack on women for watching soap operas?

ThaSaltCracka
11-30-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
btw, Im wondering if any of you guys who watch these shows crack on women for watching soap operas?

[/ QUOTE ] soap operas aren't real though.

[ QUOTE ]
Are any of you old enough to remember if MTV actually ever was music television?

[/ QUOTE ] yes, I am 23.

11-30-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] soap operas aren't real though.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] yes, I am 23.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, good point about the reality thing... although the characters are hand-picked for drama.

I guess I wouldnt remember MTV as music TV since I got cable kinda late. It really shocked me when I saw beavis and butthead and they had music videos in the middle of them, weird.

ThaSaltCracka
11-30-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, good point about the reality thing... although the characters are hand-picked for drama.

[/ QUOTE ] I was being somewhat sarcastic. I should have said, "but they don't have a script", as far as we know /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Whatever, I just like it for the arguments. Most of the people on there are freakin idiots.

11-30-2005, 03:49 AM
I kinda thought you were, but thought I would play it straight.

Wasn't there this gay guy on one of the first ones that had HIV and actually brought up awareness and stuff? How could any season past that actually top it?

ThaSaltCracka
11-30-2005, 03:57 AM
the first 4 seasons were easily the best. The dude in question was from season 3 in SF. Pedro was his name I believe.

samjjones
11-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Great episode. Basically, it was revealed that:
1) Wes and Johanna are seriously dating now
2) Danny and Melinda are engaged and living together in Boston
3) Nehemiah called out Danny and told him that everybody hates him now because he's changed after the show, and that he thinks he's "Ben Affleck" or something. Danny got into serious arguments with him and also the girl who's name I forget. For somebody with a hot girlfriend, he has issues.
4) Nehemiah made an incredibly stupid comment about the girl whose name I forget and her boyfriend not having sex, and that theirs wasn't a "real" relationship (boyfriend is paralyzed from waist down according to my wife).
5) Show ended with everybody looking extremely pissed off and hating each other. Nehemiah is clearly angling to be the new Puck.

FAN-tastic.

IndieMatty
11-30-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Great episode. Basically, it was revealed that:
1) Wes and Johanna are seriously dating now
2) Danny and Melinda are engaged and living together in Boston
3) Nehemiah called out Danny and told him that everybody hates him now because he's changed after the show, and that he thinks he's "Ben Affleck" or something. Danny got into serious arguments with him and also the girl who's name I forget. For somebody with a hot girlfriend, he has issues.
4) Nehemiah made an incredibly stupid comment about the girl whose name I forget and her boyfriend not having sex, and that theirs wasn't a "real" relationship (boyfriend is paralyzed from waist down according to my wife).
5) Show ended with everybody looking extremely pissed off and hating each other. Nehemiah is clearly angling to be the new Puck.

FAN-tastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it!! Did you notice Danny had his teeth capped? Nice tie and hat too, [censored] loser.

IndieMatty
11-30-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Im not, and Im 21.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have no reservations killing you if it meant I could stay home and watch general hospital all day. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

RunDownHouse
11-30-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Im not, and Im 21.

[/ QUOTE ]
omgwtf they don't even show videe ohs! and theyr name is totally music videe ohs!

I don't get this. Clearly they are making a ton more money than they would if they just showed music videos. They realized that pretty early on. You'd have to be an idiot to honestly expect them to revert to a less profitable format or give up their very valuable branding.

samjjones
11-30-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Im not, and Im 21.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a 30 year old guy with a wife and a baby on the way, and I LOVE watching soaps on my days off. I grew up watching the CBS ones (Young and the Restless, Bold and the Beautiful, and my favorite, Guiding Light), but I switched to the ABC ones when I started dating my wife. Best part of soaps is that people who were on when I was a kid are STILL on the shows...friggin Tony Geary must be like 65 by now.

There's certainly no shame in admitting to watching/enjoying soaps.

BottlesOf
11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
This show angered me for several reasons.

I think my main issue is I can't stand to watch stupid people argue with other. It's like I want to jump in the TV slap the people arguing and explain to them what they SHOULD say.

Another thing that bothered me was the audience. The audience must've been even dumber than the cast. They would laugh (some would laugh really hard) at inane comments, and they would calp for the dumbest [censored]. I understand some of this is not as bad as it appears b/c of the way the show is cut, but some was geunine applause immediately after a comment.

Rachel: "I'm still with Eric."
Audience: Applause.

WTF?!

BottlesOf
11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
I think you made a mistake.

Do not repeat this mistake with the Gauntlet 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eurotrash
11-30-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Im not, and Im 21.

[/ QUOTE ]
omgwtf they don't even show videe ohs! and theyr name is totally music videe ohs!

I don't get this. Clearly they are making a ton more money than they would if they just showed music videos. They realized that pretty early on. You'd have to be an idiot to honestly expect them to revert to a less profitable format or give up their very valuable branding.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I have to agree that the "lol does anybody remember when MTV actually used to play music??" bit is so played out.

why do people continue to use it? do they think it's still a clever/funny observation to make amongst friends? I guess we'll never know.

IndieMatty
11-30-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, doesn't that look [censored] awesome?

thatpfunk
11-30-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, doesn't that look [censored] awesome?

[/ QUOTE ]

it might be the greatest show ever...

lighterjobs
11-30-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you notice Danny had his teeth capped? Nice tie and hat too, [censored] loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had his teeth capped?! i noticed it looked like he had put on some fake tanning stuff because his fingers were orange looking.

gorie
11-30-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you notice Danny had his teeth capped? Nice tie and hat too, [censored] loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had his teeth capped?! i noticed it looked like he had put on some fake tanning stuff because his fingers were orange looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i noticed the fake tan just from the commercials. it made him look bad.

RunDownHouse
12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
What did everyone think of the "[censored] They Should Have Shown" show?

I was really thrown off when Wes described Rachel's dog as "jewish." I had to go back with TiVO three times to make sure I heard him correctly. I was also surprised that they charged the kids for [censored] they broke in the house. I guess I just thought of that as a cost of business that MTV would absorb.

Also, Lacy makes herself look like more of a horrible person with every TV appearance.

Vote4Pedro
12-07-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
haha, my cousin lives in austin and got in a fistfight with some drunk black dude who picked a fight with him for no reason.. about a week and a half later he found out the guy was on the show. yay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who won?

Tron
12-07-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was also surprised that they charged the kids for [censored] they broke in the house. I guess I just thought of that as a cost of business that MTV would absorb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that sucks. No doubt it was part of the contract that they signed, though.

RunDownHouse
12-07-2005, 05:58 PM
A couple more notes: Rachel probably deserved the majority of the mean comments yelled at her.

I was pretty surprised to hear that a mom would talk [censored] to Wes about her son dumping beer on him. I liked Wes' decision here.

samjjones
12-07-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What did everyone think of the "[censored] They Should Have Shown" show?

I was really thrown off when Wes described Rachel's dog as "jewish." I had to go back with TiVO three times to make sure I heard him correctly. I was also surprised that they charged the kids for [censored] they broke in the house. I guess I just thought of that as a cost of business that MTV would absorb.

Also, Lacy makes herself look like more of a horrible person with every TV appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wasn't as overall entertaining as the Reunion show, but still pretty good. I thought the highlights were the Wes/Johanna bathroom stall battle for the can of Pringles, capped by Wes eating the Pringle off of the bathroom floor.
Melinda's "friend" was certainly the looker, too. Danny came off as less of an a-hole as he was portrayed towards the end of the show, too.