PDA

View Full Version : What is your worst beat ever?

11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
I have AA

Two way capped preflop
Capped again with an A rag rag flop
Capped again with K turn
3 bets on the river with K
Total pot 22.75 Big Bets
Results: Me full house AAAKK
Villain 4 of a kind KKKKA
Runner Runner 2 outer hurts real bad especially in a huge pot. At least it was on Party so it had a cap to it.

What is your worst?

11-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Similar to yours. I have A-something, VIllain has J-something. FLop AAJ, all money goes in. Turn J, river J. Basically the same as yours...

hobbsmann
11-30-2005, 01:11 AM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em (6 handed) link

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
4 folds, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) A, 9, K (2 players)
Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) A (2 players)
Hero bets, BB calls.

River: (5.00 BB) A (2 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.00 BB.
Results in white below:
BB has 2s Ad (four of a kind, aces.)
Hero has Kd Ks (a full house, Aces full of kings.)
BB wins 8.85 BB.

TheBlueMonster
11-30-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Similar to yours. I have A-something, VIllain has J-something. FLop AAJ, all money goes in. Turn J, river J. Basically the same as yours...

[/ QUOTE ]
slightly different but I had almost the same hand.
Me: AJ
Him: 79
Flop: JJ9
turn: 9
river: 9
he caught 2 perfect cards to beat me the only way. That's the worst possible beat

Buck_65
11-30-2005, 01:23 AM
Yeah, getting rivered by a 7 outer is rough times. Don't worry, that'll never happen again.

11-30-2005, 08:29 AM
In recent Freeroll Million qualifier:

UTG+1 (t1380)
UTG+2 (t1310)
MP1 (t4915)
MP2 (t2430)
MP3 (t1350)
CO (t4415)
Button (t5260)
Hero (t1315)
BB (t1395)
UTG (t1920)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Kd 8h. Hero posts a blind of t50.
3 folds, MP1 calls t100, 2 folds, CO calls t100, Button calls t100, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t500) 4s, Ks, Ac (5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Button bets t100, Hero calls t100, BB folds, MP1 calls t100, CO folds.

Turn: (t800) Kh (3 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button bets t320, Hero raises to t1115, MP1 calls t1115, Button calls t795.

River: (t4145) 9s (3 players)
MP1 bets t3600, Button folds.

Final Pot: t7745

Results below:
Hero has Kd 8h (three of a kind, kings).
MP1 has 9d 9h (full house, nines full of kings).
Outcome: MP1 wins t7745.

If I have a King or an Ace, he's in trouble, but he still calls and hits his 2-outer. AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Solami17
11-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Too bad you were not in a real room where losing with Aces full of tens or better wins you the bad beat jackpot!

11-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Going all in with KK after flopping third king ... being called by QQ

Turn: Q

River: Q

Full House KKKQQ losing to QQQQK ... Sweet :-)

jman220
11-30-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop he had more outs than you. This isn't a bad beat.

MadMat
11-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Don't have the hand history anymore, but worst beat I had was a flopped straight flush

I had 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

flop 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villan unfortunately had T /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

But I played it well, assumed he had the A-high flush and merrily capped every street with him!

Mat

11-30-2005, 01:41 PM
WSOP satellite. 6 players left - one seat gauranteed.

I had Kh Qh. Flop is 10 9 J. Villain raises, I push, he calls and he turns over J 9. Turn rag. River J.

Grr.

TheMainEvent
11-30-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I had Kh Qh. Flop is 10 9 J. Villain raises, I push, he calls and he turns over J 9. Turn rag. River J.

Grr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you start playing poker an hour ago?

11-30-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Grr.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch! What a zinger! You got me chief. Do you ever say anything constructive?

TheMainEvent
11-30-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Grr.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think I'm joking? A 4 outer with 2 cards to come? If that's really your worst beat ever and you've played more than a day I want your luck.

11-30-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Grr.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think I'm joking? A 4 outer with 2 cards to come? If that's really your worst beat ever and you've played more than a day I want your luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I owe you an apology - I wasn't thinking of that 2 outer that toppled me last week... I was thinking about which beat stung the most. I really wanted the seat and it was as close as I came. Believe me, you don't want my luck. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jman220
11-30-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Grr.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I owe you an apology - I wasn't thinking of that 2 outer that toppled me last week... I was thinking about which beat stung the most. I really wanted the seat and it was as close as I came. Believe me, you don't want my luck. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You've really gotta stop posting things that aren't bad beats. This one isn't even close. He had four outs after the flop whereas you were drawing dead buddy.

11-30-2005, 04:16 PM
$1/2 NL at House of Blues

I have pocket 99 in EP, villian has pocket 88 in LP.

EP+2 raises to $10, Villian raises to $25, 4 callers.
Flop 3,2,3 (two diamonds).

Villian bets $45, I go all in ($50), all fold except villian who calls.

Turn and river are both diamonds, villian gets a flush and I don't.

11-30-2005, 04:20 PM
$1/2 NL at House of Blues

I have pocket 88 in LP, villian has A8 in EP.

EP raises ~$15 pre-flop, I and 2 others call.

Flop comes 9,8,2 rainbow. EP bets about $25, I and one other call.

Turn comes 9. EP goes all in ($39), I go all in ($60), other guy folds.

Villian turns over his two pair (9's and 8's), I turn over my full house (8's full of 9's).

River comes out the last remaining 9, giving us both 9's full of 8's. Split pot, he took about $120 from the pot that I expected to get before that river card! Grrr...

ahnuld
11-30-2005, 04:23 PM
5-10 indian casnio filled with old people who cant read their cards. I have AA utg and raise, I gets 4 bet with 6 of us seeing the flop. Flop comes A22, 4 bet with 4 of us seeing the turn. Q makes a flush, 4 bet again 4 ways. River was a 2. Old guy in sb bets out, I call, 2 other limpers call, old guys has 28 soooooooooooooted. I enjoyed the fact that he called 4bet cold out of the sb with 28

Cancuk
11-30-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop he had more outs than you. This isn't a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your new way of handling this forum is genius.

Cheers

11-30-2005, 04:29 PM
This one had some special circumstances I guess...

Prima 2-4 NL
I have AK
Villian has 22
I raise pf, villian calls
flop comes tjq rainbow
villian bets, i raise all in
villian instantly calls-- He told me after the hand that he was multitabling and right as he clicked to call at other table the tables switched and the other became active so he accidentally called my bet
turn j
river 2 lol

jman220
11-30-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This one had some special circumstances I guess...

Prima 2-4 NL
I have AK
Villian has 22
I raise pf, villian calls
flop comes tjq rainbow
villian bets, i raise all in
villian instantly calls-- He told me after the hand that he was multitabling and right as he clicked to call at other table the tables switched and the other became active so he accidentally called my bet
turn j
river 2 lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the size of the pot, villains call of you was most likely correct. Especially if he had a read. I recommend you get back to basics, and reread Helmuth's PPLTP, that push was awful, and it sounds like you've got a fundamental misunderstanding about this game.

11-30-2005, 04:36 PM
are you insane?
my bet was at least a pot sized bet, and you're saying that he should call me with 22?
This is saying i have no t j q or pair in my hand or ak or 89?
Nonetheless if i have none of these cards i have 2 live cards to hit on the turn or river.

Yea i guess i gotta read up...

jman220
11-30-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you insane?
my bet was at least a pot sized bet, and you're saying that he should call me with 22?
Nonetheless if i have none of these cards i have 2 live cards to hit on the turn or river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that I wasn't more clear, I didn't realize how dense you would be. I'll spell it out for you:

VILLAIN HAD 2 OUTS AND YOU HAD 0. YOU'RE DRAWING DEAD. Happy Now? Think before posting a hand that will only serve to embarass yourself.

ahnuld
11-30-2005, 04:44 PM
jman has been doing this all day. He must think its funny. Its not.

TheMainEvent
11-30-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you insane?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that I wasn't more clear, I didn't realize how dense you would be. I'll spell it out for you:

VILLAIN HAD 2 OUTS AND YOU HAD 0. YOU'RE DRAWING DEAD. Happy Now? Think before posting a hand that will only serve to embarass yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise 3xBB in CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB calls. Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I push, villian calls, he has 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, turn is 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, river is 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

jman220
11-30-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you insane?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise 3xBB in CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB calls. Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I push, villian calls, he has 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, turn is 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, river is 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you weren't drawing dead. Thats a tough beat.

TheMainEvent
11-30-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you insane?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you weren't drawing dead. Thats a tough beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I knew I could defeat you.

11-30-2005, 11:37 PM
On the bubble in a NL tourney

I have AA
Villain has 88

All-in preflop

flop is q88

Turn A

River A

LLL