PDA

View Full Version : Post flop

11-29-2005, 11:39 PM
I hold J/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Situation I:
In the 1st round, no one raise and then I raise to protect hand.
In the 2nd round, the flop shows an overcard K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif but everyone checks to me. I bet to protect hand. But then someone checks raise. Should I fold or call?
Situation II:
In the 1st round, no one raise and then I raise to protect hand.
In the 2nd round, the flop shows 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif but everyone checks to me. I bet to protect hand. But then someone checks raise. Should I fold or call?

11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Please, the information you are providing is overwhelming me.

tetonpete
11-30-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please, the information you are providing is overwhelming me.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol...succintly sarcastic

i think you need to post pot sizes, reads, something

if you don't know these things then that might be a good place to start

otherwise, you could just call like most people who don't bother to acquire this kind of info

toss
11-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Read the Small Stakes FAQ on Hand Posting above. The info you're providing is not nearly enough for us to give you a proper hand evaluation.

11-30-2005, 12:47 AM
In the first situation with the King on the board, with no reads, it is usually correct to fold to the checkraise. In the second example on the ten high flop, the standard play there, with no reads is to 3 bet it. Keep in mind that the standard play is not always the best play, just trying to point you in the right direction. It sounds to me like you have much to learn, so make sure to buy all the limit two+two books and study them hard, and keep playing the game and thinking about the game, and keep posting on this site, and reading other people's posts.