PDA

View Full Version : J,J

Klompy
11-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Sorry guys, prob gonna be posting a lot of hands that prob have some pretty standard lines.

Villian is 43.8/8.3/1.27 after 48 hands
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero ?
Worth calling this down hoping he checkraised middle pair?

thesharpie
11-29-2005, 11:47 PM
You're getting about 2.5:1 effective on a calldown. You'd be fairly easy to play against if you needed a king or better to calldown here. That being said these opponents probably don't think that far. I think you'd have to calldown at a higher limit unless it was a passive table, I'm not sure here.

The old me would've folded, the new me calls it down. The old me was weak tight, the new me is a fish. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

11-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Not sure what kind of read you've got on this guy other than his stats. But I would think that a fold would be okay here unless he's overly aggressive on the flop. Does this guy like to raise with MP on the flop? Then a call down would be good.

It's probably more likely that he is checking to see if his pair of Ks are good since you raised your BB.

Klompy
11-30-2005, 12:14 AM
as the hand went, I did end up calling down, and luckily caught a river jack. The old me was also weak tight.....guess I'm working on becoming a fish too.

11-30-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The old me would've folded, the new me calls it down. The old me was weak tight, the new me is a fish. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto.