PDA

View Full Version : Wherein our usually aggro hero gets timid, like field mouse!

B Dids
11-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Party 3/6 6 max, but we're 5 handed for this first one.

Folded to the SB, he's a donk, like 40/25 and yelling at people on the table. An even bigger calling station (but passive) has posted a blind + dead UTG+1.

SB raises, I call in the BB with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (I think I hate this and that 3-betting is the CLEAR move).

Poster calls.

Flop

T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, I call, poster calls.

Turn A /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB Bets, I fold because I'm pretty sure I don't have the best diamond draw.

Hand 2, same table, but thanks to the yelling, a lot has changed.

I'm on the button with A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, I raise, SB Folds, BB calls, limpers call.

Flop

Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, UTG calls, (he's the passive calling station from earlier), UTG+1 calls.

Turn

7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me, I bet, UTG calls, next guy raises. He's popped me on the turn three times so far, and I've had to fold things like bottom pair and Ace high. This feels a TON like he's taking a shot at me, and I 3-bet. UTG tanks and calls, raiser calls.

River 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checked to me and I check behind because I thought I was dead once they both called the turn /images/graemlins/frown.gif

admiralfluff
11-29-2005, 11:42 PM
The call in hand 1 made me vomit all over my keyboard (edit: to clarify I was refering to the absence of a 3bet preflop. I would have folded the flop, but I think it's much closer).

Any more reads on UTG+1? If he's LAGgro enough that you like your turn 3-bet, you should be betting this river.

11-29-2005, 11:49 PM
WHy did you call flop then fold because you "Didn't think you had the best diamond draw". Besides catching the miracle 8, I don't see how else you are winning this.

thesharpie
11-29-2005, 11:54 PM
How many outs do you think we have in hand 1 on the flop? I think I'd just ditch it then. I'd raise PF, wanna get the poster out, plus teh value.

Hand 2 I'd want to have seen him actually check/raise bluff a protected pot on the turn in the past to 3 bet here. Was it heads up the past 3 times he check/raised you? It'd suck to get capped by 74, just call it down.

thesharpie
11-29-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHy did you call flop then fold because you "Didn't think you had the best diamond draw". Besides catching the miracle 8, I don't see how else you are winning this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was getting a better price, and didn't know whether the poster liked his hand on the flop. He could win by catching a diamond, I just don't think he wins often enough on the flop or the turn. We're not closing the action, either.

B Dids
11-30-2005, 12:03 AM
I called the flop in hand 1 for the reasons sharpie suggested, but clearly that hand is pointless because the preflop 3-bet that I should have made changes the hand A LOT.

The calling station scared me more than the guy who raised me on the turn in hand 2. I do think that a value bet is still probably correct there though.

baronzeus
11-30-2005, 12:10 AM
hand 1, fine play POSTFLOP

hand 2, EWW GROSS RIVER CHECK BET FOLD

imported_CaseClosed326
11-30-2005, 12:10 AM
Hand 1 I would threebet pre-glop. I also like calling the turn, I see no reason to think they have better fds.

I don't know about hand two. It's hard because I already know the results. So I am pretty tainted. I also never 3bet there. But you gave a good reason to do so.

Alobar
11-30-2005, 12:13 AM
hand 1 I 3 bet that PF, not even close IMO

hand 2: I bet the river, be brave! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

xwillience
11-30-2005, 01:53 AM
hand 2: it may be slighlty passive but i like checking it through. They arent going to call with anything that you beat. Not only did UTG+1 check raise you on a weird board but UTG cold called TWO Big Bets. I think your beat here more often than not and a free SD sounds awfully nice