PDA

View Full Version : K8s from CO - FUBAR or not so bad?

crownjules
11-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Villain (PFR) is 35/18/2.7 over 375 hands. The others in the hand are all loose and extremely passive (typically 40-50 VPIP, only raising premium hands PF, and almost no postflop aggro). The two players to my left also like to coldcall quite a bit.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'Em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="red">BB (Villain) raises</font>, all call.

I guess first question...is calling here ok, or is this a raise/fold situation? I figured I would the SB, *maybe* Button, with their VPIPs.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 10/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Villain bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Villain calls.

I think I played this part right. Villain will raise here with the same stuff he'd raise from UTG regardless of how many people are playing. So a raise right...for protection? True, I might be behind a pair of tens, but the flop may have missed everyone. I need to protect with a raise, right?

Assuming I'm correct, I was not happy to get them all calling me. What's your turn play in that situation?

thesharpie
11-29-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm not sure about PF. I sometimes make this type of limp, although I'm not sure it's correct, I'm usually on the button when I do. I only limp if the blinds are very loose. I'm assuming by the read you expect it to usually be at least 4 handed if you raise. I don't want to fold and I don't really want to be 4 handed with this hand for 2 bets, so I like the limp unless convinced otherwise as long as BB is the only one who's likely to raise PF.

Edit: Bet the turn. Pot's too big to give a free card and you'll still sometimes have the best hand. You can take a free showdown if you want it, hopefully.

11-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Fold preflop. K8s is a good blind stealing hand, because it has some high card value, but it's not great multiway, as you're seeing. You are worried to death that an overcard will hit someone else, and you don't even have top pair. You're probably behind or at least will get drawn out on too often to make this limp worthwhile IMO. It's hard to fold loose players with overcards, too.

Somekid
11-30-2005, 12:12 AM
The flop play is fine. Although I think PF is definitely Raise/Fold. I would probably have folded. But if you had chosen to raise PF you probably would not have been stuck with the button in the hand on the flop which is just annoying.

I would follow up with a bet on the turn and taken it from there.

11-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Open limping in 6max is almost always wrong. This is def. no exception.

thesharpie
11-30-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Open limping in 6max is almost always wrong. This is def. no exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is, do you see why?

11-30-2005, 12:24 AM
Hint: He didn't open.

livinitup0
11-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Would depend if it was a safe card. I think you actually built up better odds for them to call the turn on a draw. Its not your fault, their mistake for calling 2 cold. but they may get the right price for the turn. I would have played it the same though.

ArturiusX
11-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Raise if the blinds are tight, call the blind are loose. (Preflop)