PDA

View Full Version : Malmuth's ego run amok?

05-12-2002, 07:53 PM
Mason Malmuth states on the internet forum that he is the most influential man alive today regarding poker. Does this mean that he is the Pablo Escobar of Paradise Poker?

He obviously has an over active ego unless he truly is a crime boss. I would think that the Italians, Columbians, Mexicans.Al Queda, Hamas, the Islamic Jihad, Oriental Tongs would disagree with him.

05-12-2002, 08:01 PM

05-12-2002, 08:02 PM
Big deal. No one is really all that influential in poker. It's not that kind of field. The 2+2 guys could be the most influential, or maybe the owner of the Commerce or something... whatever. Whoever it is, their influence is not that big a thing.

05-12-2002, 11:00 PM
You still whinning about losing the election too!!OR are you jealous that Mason's website has become extremly properous in the last two years..hmmm......Mason doesn't state that he is GOD....he just preaches the sound doctrine(fundamentals) of hold'em poker......notice how many sponsors are here at this site...wakeup !!!HE is doing something right.......I am out out here

05-13-2002, 12:40 AM
"I would think that the Italians, Columbians, Mexicans.Al Queda, Hamas, the Islamic Jihad, Oriental Tongs would disagree with him."

I won't comment on the Italians, Columbians, Mexicans, or Oriental Tongs, but I'm pretty sure that Al Queda, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad don't play poker. So it's not fair to list them.

05-13-2002, 10:51 AM

05-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Do you make Zee and Sklansky kiss your ring?

05-13-2002, 08:05 PM

05-13-2002, 09:00 PM
You know I like you, Rod. Can I call you Rod? Uhm, Rod, you know I hate to be the guy who brings bad news, but we may have to, ahem, cancel your subscription to this world, Rod. I'm sorry. I'm sorry...

;-)

05-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Public threats are not in the style of LCN. I bet you hope nothing happens to me.

05-13-2002, 10:55 PM
LCN are all scum, along with the Columbian and Mexican drug rings, Tongs and all Islamic terrorists.

Time for NATO to catch them all and give them a permanent vacation at a new resort called Devil's Island.

05-14-2002, 01:42 AM

05-14-2002, 05:23 AM

05-14-2002, 06:14 AM
Describing himself as the No1 Authority on Gambling in the world today? The world.

Read Beyond Counting by Grosjean. Then read any of Sklansky's nonpoker books. Try not to laugh too hard.

05-14-2002, 08:50 AM
LCN stands for La Cosa Nostra. You ARE young and naive.

I share M's view.

05-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Well...perhaps I should have said "maybe" regarding NATO going after all of the above listed scoundrels, at least right away.

First things first and that now seems to mean taking care of the terrorist "scum" (as even Putin put it). I do think NATO should be even more active in seeking them out worldwide.

05-14-2002, 09:19 PM
Our secret rituals are just that.

But rest assured that we are one big happy family.

05-15-2002, 04:57 AM
oh. well here we just call them 'italians' /images/smile.gif .

brad

p.s. makes you wonder if i asked the ? just so i could post this, doesnt it?

05-15-2002, 08:48 AM

05-15-2002, 10:56 AM
Of all the Italian mafias, the geographical Sicilians are the worst and most vicious by quite a margin.

The Russian mafia is the fastest growing worldwide, the most sophisticated, and the most ruthless overall (although the Colombian drug cartels may be on a par for ruthlessness).

05-15-2002, 11:02 AM

05-15-2002, 12:20 PM
I assume you are talking about the Italian mafia?

You live in NYC and yet don't

know about the Russian mafia, Sheepshead Bay area and all that? A lot of these guys are ex-KGB agents or even ex-GRU agents, as smart, ruthless and deadly as they come. Worldwide they are starting to make the Italians truly look like "dese, dem and dose" guys, and while they are probably working hand-in-hand somewhat with the Italians in New York, make no mistake that they will probably ultimately come to wield the greatest criminal power in NYC too. Not only smarter and more sophisticated, they are also more murderous. Jeez,they killed many hundreds of average Muscovites for their condos after tricking them into signing over the papers on an apartment trade deal. They left them lying in roadside ditches all around Moscow. This was in the newspapers. Make no mistake, the Russian mafia is blossoming in the USA as well as around the world.

05-15-2002, 12:27 PM
plus they are experts in surveillance and counter-surveillance techniques, have a strong foothold in cyber-crime, and were heavily involved in fairly recent years in cell-phone cloning and rigged auto accidents for insurance fraud.

05-15-2002, 01:12 PM
The granchildren of Sicilian mobsters finally ended up getting their degrees Brown Univeristy, and opening up their own little professional corporations.

These Russian guys, probably won't even have kids, it sounds like a geographically limited, single-generation, phenomenon to me.

Believe me, if most of these Sicilian guys had any "technical sophistication" like you get in college, they never would have become gangsters.

Put differently, Russia just gives us this culture of international criminals, with a criminal homeland to operate out of.

I'm having trouble describing this difference. It's like the Sicilian mafia was a self-regenarating, living thing. The Russian "mafia" is just a random byproduct.

The Russian "mafia" in the US will be gone in one generation. A lot of people show up on our shores in isolated communities, and form criminal gangs, but it is a coincidence of politics, not their culture, which perpetuates it.

Or something...

eLROY

05-15-2002, 02:37 PM
Far from being gone in one generation, they pose the biggest criminal threats today and are continuing to grow in power. Their rackets even extend to cyber-crime blackmail of many corporations which is usually hushed up. Far from being geographically limited, I believe they have already eclipsed the Italian mafias on a worldwide scale. The US FBI has named them as the most pervasive and dangerous fast-growing criminal enterprise in the world, and established an office in Moscow to help Russia combat this scourge. However corruption in Russian politics is so heavily entwined with the Russian mafia that it makes US political corruption look like kindergarten stuff by comparison, and even one of the very wealthiest industrialists in Russia who is also a politician is considered on the street by many to be mafia. It is somewhat doubtful that even the US FBI office in Moscow will be able to significantly slow these guys down. Further they rule as ruthlessly as any historical Russian leader: if you are a shopkeeper in Russia who refuses to pay protection money, they don't smash up your store or threaten to break your legs: they just kill you.

05-15-2002, 02:53 PM

05-16-2002, 06:58 AM
say fez, grosjean and i happen to remember you panning his book in your first review. what gives? you can run, but you can't hide...

05-17-2002, 07:42 PM
I don't remember Fezzik "panning" the Beyond. When did that happen?