PDA

View Full Version : 14 bets on the turn.

all_aces
07-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Same game as my other two posts. I wasn't in this hand, but I thought it was worth posting. Because I wasn't in it, I don't remember what the preflop/flop action was, but I do remember this part:

It gets heads-up on the turn between a new player with lots of green chips (I'm thinking 'blackjack-winner-wants-to-try-poker') and a solid player. The board is:

A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

They reraise each other 14 times. The new guy is expressionless, calmly pushing out a reraise every time he's raised. The solid player is confused, checking his cards after every few reraises, scratching his head, etc... At one point, he says what everyone at the table is thinking: "It's obvious".

And after 14 bets, he is the one who finally just calls. The river is:

10 /forums/images/icons/club.gif , pairing the board. Solid guy checks, new guy bets, solid guy just calls and flips over KQo for the obvious straight. New guy flips over AJo for 2 pair.

While the solid player rakes in his massive pot, shaking his head, an old oriental guy starts laying into him (in a friendly way though) about he should have kept reraising the turn until one of them had no chips left. (They each still had about $200 in front of them.)

I'm not sure if this is correct though... what if the new guy had K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ? Is it worth putting almost $500 in on the turn when it's possible that the BEST you're hoping for is a chop?

Dynasty
07-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Eventually, you should stop if you don't hold either the Ks or Qs.

Binkus
07-06-2003, 11:50 PM
I have occasionly heard of constant reraises HU but have never seen it go past about 6 when they finally reailzed they had the same hand but. AJ0 for 14 bets against a made hand. Why cant I get A guy like this in my games LOL. Any ways, I dont think I would want to put in my entire stack either if there was still a chance of being drawn out on. Id be more than happy with the 14 big bets.