PDA

View Full Version : bankroll requirements???

11-29-2005, 09:58 PM
hey all, first time im going to try limit as my main game, so i was wondering what kind of bankroll to have for the levels i want to play.
I would like to play 1/2 2/4 and 3/6, but primarily the lower two until i build up a more solid roll. Just curious as to what my bankroll should be if i will generally be 2 or 3 tabling the the game.
thanks for all input

SNOWBALL138
11-29-2005, 10:08 PM
If you play well 1200 should be ok for 1/2 and 2/4, but I recommend getting RB+Bonuses which you can do at both ultimate bet and absolute poker. This will cushion your winrate so that if you aren't a big winner, you probably still won't go broke (assuming you don't just cashout everything about 1200).

Unless you have sufficient experience playing 3/6 online (it doesn't sound like you do), I recommend having 2400 minimum plus RB+Bonuses. 3/6 is much tougher than 2/4.

These are just made up numbers mostly though. To know what your bankroll should actually be you need to take the square of your standard deviation and multiply it by nine, and then divide that number by four times your winrate.

Obviously, different winrates and standard deviations are going to produce different bankroll requirements. Whatever you do, make sure that you are playing with pokertracker and pokerace HUD. Its essential for multitabling.

11-29-2005, 10:17 PM
i have pokertracker, but where do i find this pokerace HUD and what are its functions?

ncboiler
11-29-2005, 10:22 PM
300Xbb

SNOWBALL138
11-29-2005, 10:23 PM
find out more about it here (http://pokeracesoftware.com )

You can PM me if you have any other questions.