PDA

View Full Version : limit cash games vs. tournaments

poker1O1
11-29-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm a pretty good limit cash game player, usually 10 tabling PP 3/6, and I'm interested in playing in some limit multi table tournaments. I was wondering how these differ from limit cash games. Obvioulsy your reads have to be more accurate in a tournament than a cash game, but I've read before that some players 3bet suited connectors in tournaments, obviously player dependant, but still. Also, as compared to NL tournaments, would it be correct to assume that there is a little more luck needed in limit tournaments because you'll usually need a hand to showdown as opposed to NL?

wyrd
11-29-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't know about limit tournaments, but NL tournaments require that you don't get unlucky. At some point, you will have all of your chips in the middle of the pot in either a race situation or having someone dominated. In a race situation, you're 50% to go home. Having someone dominated, you're 20% to go home. It only takes one unlucky hit to send you packing.

obsidian
11-29-2005, 10:46 PM
I play pretty good at 10/60 shorthanded limit games, but I'm pretty sure I'm dead money in tournaments. I'd say they differ quite a bit. I'd suggest checking out the tournament forums for greater insight.

Isura
11-30-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. Obvioulsy your reads have to be more accurate in a tournament than a cash game

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually the other way around.