PDA

View Full Version : urban outfitters, clothing these days

Voltron87
11-29-2005, 09:26 PM
I went to Urban Outfitters today. Usually that isn't my preferred clothier but I took a look. My question: why do their graphic t shirts come in sizes XS, S, and M? wtf? I am 6'4" and pretty slim so this doesn't really work. In the ones that were L that I did find (XL is usually for wide people, not me) I tried them on and you can see nipple, theyre fairly tight. This is weird to me, I say "oh well, next store, these clothes don't fit". The girl I am shopping with (lets not have that discussion again) says "oh no, thats no big deal, the shirt looks good on you". This doesn't seem quite right to me, OOT's thoughts? The shirts arent that tight, but sometimes you look and you see a definite mark.

Eurotrash
11-29-2005, 09:33 PM
i'm pretty sure Urban Outfitters is full of hipster clothes with hipster fits

shant
11-29-2005, 09:33 PM
I print my own t-shirts so I know why this is. The blank shirts that most t-shirt design companies use now are made by American Apparel, who use a slimmer "European" cut to their shirts. If you normally wear a L, you would feel more comfortable in the XL. Almost all the graphic shirts at Urban Outfitters are printed on these shirts. They are also a thinner, lighter cotton which will result in seeing the nipple.

I've asked lots of girls because I print and sell the shirts, and they've all confirmed that they'd rather see guys wearing these tighter, thinner material shirts.

Even companies like Hanes and Fruit of the Loom are marketing lightweight, thin-cotton blank tees to screenprinters to get in on some of the American Apparel action.

mason55
11-29-2005, 09:36 PM
This is how I like my t-shirts (and all my clothes to fit)... I have been accused of being a hipster multiple times though.

Edit: I don't, however, shop at Urban Outfitters

Voltron87
11-29-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I print my own t-shirts so I know why this is. The blank shirts that most t-shirt design companies use now are made by American Apparel, who use a slimmer "European" cut to their shirts. If you normally wear a L, you would feel more comfortable in the XL. Almost all the graphic shirts at Urban Outfitters are printed on these shirts. They are also a thinner, lighter cotton which will result in seeing the nipple.

I've asked lots of girls because I print and sell the shirts, and they've all confirmed that they'd rather see guys wearing these tighter, thinner material shirts.

Even companies like Hanes and Fruit of the Loom are marketing lightweight, thin-cotton blank tees to screenprinters to get in on some of the American Apparel action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at some of the XL's and they are markedly wider, they definitely look as if they were made for a chubby person. The XL point is also kind of moot, because they didnt HAVE any XL shirts. There were 3-4 of them total, out of 20 or so different designs. They had about 1/2 of them in L. I also tried on some pants, their pants that said they were 36 in the waist were obviously not, I hardly could fit them on and I am defintely a 36 size in everything.

So this is me asking, uh, nipple is ok? looks like it. other than that, the shirts look good. I might try wearing an actual undershirt with them, though that might look weird.

Godfather80
11-29-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Major burn, braugh.

RustedCorpse
11-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Dude, I have this same freaking problem, I hate it. It's this random fashion upswing we're it's cool to look borderline gay. I do not like this, I am tall, square shouldered, pale with dark black hair, I don't want anyone seeing my hairy nipple or various other bodily features till it's a sure thing.

Eurotrash
11-29-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Major burn, braugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever been in an Urban Outfitters? it's just the truth. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mason55
11-29-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I have this same freaking problem, I hate it. It's this random fashion upswing we're it's cool to look borderline gay. I do not like this, I am tall, square shouldered, pale with dark black hair, I don't want anyone seeing my hairy nipple or various other bodily features till it's a sure thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a big difference between "looking gay" (whatever that means) and wearing a shirt that you could shoplift a Thanksgiving turkey underneath.

Godfather80
11-29-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Major burn, braugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever been in an Urban Outfitters? it's just the truth. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and you totally skewered 'em.