PDA

View Full Version : Push or Fold -- the Game (No Real Content)

KenProspero
11-29-2005, 09:07 PM
After a long (and unprofitable session) I decided to blow off some steam, and play Push or Fold.

The rules of the game -- when it's my turn to bet, the only options I'll allow myself are to Push all in, or fold my hand (minor exception is that I can check if I'm in BB).

It's a variation of Push every hand, no matter what, though you can actually fly under the radar a while.

First Game -- actually finished in 2nd (took a bad beat on the river or probably would have won).

Ok, this game is clearly -ev. But if you find a really fishy game, how close to break even do you think it's possible to be long run. What would be the optimal strategy?

splashpot
11-29-2005, 09:09 PM
At the $11s I don't even think this would be -EV if you do it right.

11-29-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the $11s I don't even think this would be -EV if you do it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about ready to say the same thing. I've already gotten cold-decked, and not played a hand until late level 3. At that point, it was basically a push or fold game. and I've made the money already in such games.

pineapple888
11-29-2005, 09:21 PM
This isn't -EV. At Party, it's probably close to optimal.

11-29-2005, 09:36 PM
I think this is hilarious. What kinds of comments are you getting in the chatbox, and can you post examples of what I can only imagine would be petulant outrage?

bluef0x
11-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Not -ev, you're missing +EV opportunities but if you play a good bubble you should be beating low stakes easily.

You're playing how I almost play /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KenProspero
11-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Just played once today, and strangly (or perhaps not) got no comments. I was playing pretty tightly (Tight/Aggressive to the Max, baby!!!) and it was a fishy game, so, honestly, I don't think anyone noticed, which only made it more funny.

11-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Well, keep us posted. I think I'm going to give this a try at the 5.50s just for kicks.