PDA

View Full Version : another limpreraise

1800GAMBLER
11-29-2005, 09:04 PM
kk utg. limper. sb raises. bb calls. i lrr. limper gets out. sb calls. bb calls.

flop: qs 9s 2o. sb leads. bb folds. i decide to raise the turn and fold if it gets 3 bet. so i call.

turn: As. sb bets. i don't have any suited. now what?

flawless_victory
11-29-2005, 09:08 PM
wow, this hand is making me sick.
im sure i would either raise or call, but folding may be best.

1800GAMBLER
11-29-2005, 09:12 PM
call with intentions of?

CardSharpCook
11-29-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call with intentions of?

[/ QUOTE ]
calling down.

1800GAMBLER
11-29-2005, 09:18 PM
thank you flawless_victory

flawless_victory
11-29-2005, 09:20 PM
he was right for once.
haha.

sy_or_bust
11-29-2005, 09:25 PM
I don't like a call. you aren't going to find a safe river card to call down, unless you know something precocious like always SB check/folds a 4-flush. do you really think you're ahead that often to KQ?

a raise makes this hand super-easy to play, but its overboard. there aren't many worse hands SB can hold, and almost all of them fold to this bet. you might fold red AJ or something, but I doubt it.

sickening, but the play is probably a fold.

I.Rowboat
11-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Sure aren't getting any respect for your LRRs. Especially in this case, when you hit an outstanding scare card, and are still bet into.

So what are the SBs raising standards into a field? QQ+, ATs+, AKo, with maybe the odd JTs? Tighter than that? To me, this smells like AQ or AK, or perhaps JTs. You can beat the latter, but even that has outs, and I assume you don't hold the Ks?

If the player is tricky I will probably pay off here, but it's more likely that this is a good fold on the turn (although this further weakens your image vis-a-vis limp reraising).

FWIW, I hate LRRing. I know there are good reasons for it, but more often than not it seems to just make for harder decisions down the road, and (ironically) unless you also LRR with low suited connectors and show them down, I think it makes one easier to read.