PDA

View Full Version : vs 2p2er

1800GAMBLER
11-29-2005, 08:43 PM
2p2er in this hand is a v. aggressive well respected 2p2er who has played higher than 30/60. he does not known i am 2p2.

i limp kk utg. folded to his sb. he raises. bb calls. i limpreraise. he caps. bb folds.

flop:

q55. i call. turn: 3. i call. river: 3. i call.

sy_or_bust
11-29-2005, 08:53 PM
perfect.

you should consider just calling the raise preflop against the good player and the big blind. a limp-reraise from a tight player is a narrow range, and you can eschew 2SB preflop to raise the flop and under-represent.

gh9801
11-29-2005, 08:56 PM
standard WA/WB

RiverTheNuts
11-29-2005, 08:56 PM
nm

DeathDonkey
11-29-2005, 08:57 PM
If you folded on the flop I would worship you. I think you should fold somewhere.

-DeathDonkey

1800GAMBLER
11-29-2005, 08:59 PM
had the bb not come in i would have callled.

anyway, i posted the hand because i am not happy with my postflop play

flawless_victory
11-29-2005, 09:02 PM
depending on who this is against, i mightve folded flop.

sy_or_bust
11-29-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no one thinks there is any value in raising the river like a donk pushing villain off an ace split?

[/ QUOTE ]

would you pay off a tight limp-reraiser with A-high here? and, as Villain, do you play AKo this way?

if most/all AK won't cap, and JJ won't cap, the flop is an obvious fold. once the worse hands start capping, you have more leniency to call down and/or raise. a lot depends on how the limp-rr is perceived, though OP probably mixes it up enough to call down. if not, the preflop 3-bet is a mistake.

gh9801
11-29-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
had the bb not come in i would have callled.

anyway, i posted the hand because i am not happy with my postflop play

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's fine, unless you wanted to fold somewhere. I'd call down here by default just to make sure he's not getting out of line, maybe this is a leak. But true most of the time the pot's getting shipped to the other direction

How much respect do your LRRs usually get and how's your image?

RiverTheNuts
11-29-2005, 09:06 PM
nm

1800GAMBLER
11-29-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
depending on who this is against, i mightve folded flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] it, i don't know why i posted this. i'm stuck in general rules thinking 'omg i can't fold here' i didn't even consider it untill afterwards. i guess i was pissed off that 2p2er capped my limpreraise with QQ so i posted it.

I.Rowboat
11-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Jeez -- seems more like he's capping to drop the BB than for value, and he's going to hate his hand if an A or K falls. Maybe an expert can find a fold here, but I think you played it fine. He caught a perfect flop, and you lost the minimum, given that you held an overpair to the flop. "Routinely" folding kings here can't be right, as he may have made the same play with JJ or TT, boith of which play better HU.

DeeJ
11-30-2005, 06:45 AM
you played it fine. His cap can be to remove BB as often as it is for value. If you lose to AA/QQ so be it; you beat AK/JJ/TT. I guess since you have 2 kings he only has 8xAK, 6xJJ,6xTT vs 6xAA and 3xQQ. If you think he wouldn't cap ever with AK/JJ/TT then you should fold the flop /images/graemlins/grin.gif but since he's very aggressive you gotta play to the end here. If you had enough stats you might be able to tell if he only caps with QQ+ but that's probably asking too much.

sfer
11-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Deciding to fold has a lot to do with how you've been playing/running at the table and how likely it is that the SB puts you on peepee-kawkaw.

danzasmack
11-30-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
standard WA/WB

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we betting if checked to?
Then if check/raised?

flawless_victory
11-30-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
standard WA/WB

[/ QUOTE ]

Then if check/raised?

[/ QUOTE ]
if u get checkraised here you are turbofvcked.

danzasmack
11-30-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
standard WA/WB

[/ QUOTE ]

Then if check/raised?

[/ QUOTE ]
if u get checkraised here you are turbofvcked.

[/ QUOTE ]

but calling down?

flawless_victory
11-30-2005, 11:29 AM
u are confusing me.

TStoneMBD
11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
im not used to facing limp reraises but if i was the SB i think i would just call preflop with AA depending on who the BB is. i dont really see a reason to fold him out of the pot and slowplaying in this spot is a good way to trap the limpreraiser for alot of bets postflop.

if the twoplustwoer in this hand thinks like i do (which im not sure is correct) then his cap to me means hell have QQ most of the time with JJ as often as AA. he could also have the other 2 KK or of course he could have AK. i think AK is firing all 3 streets especially if he doesnt give you credit for a real hand with your limp reraise.

therefore i like calling down.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-30-2005, 05:38 PM
i dunno about folding the flop but i think the river is probably a fold.

and don't be mad he capped your limpreraise with QQ. its not like he knew who you were, probably thought you were some typical party guy full of it.

CanKid
11-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Shouldn't villain have found a check raise somewhere? Just curious.

I like how you played this.

PokerCad
11-30-2005, 06:24 PM
I dunno, cause I'm kinda lame but what about raising the flop, folding to a 3-bet and if called checking the turn with folding in mind to a bet. If he bets after your flop raise your certainly beat. I think this would certainly define your hand more than just calling down

elmo
11-30-2005, 07:21 PM
You say he doesn't know you are 2+2... does he know that you are any good?

golferbrent
12-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Was this hand online?

If it was online I think I would raise the river... if just a live hand then I like your line. Its a classic WA/WB situation. I know you said the SB is a 2p2'r and isn't aware you are, but do you have any history with him?

Does he think you are full of sh_it or what? Many times a player will think a limp reraise is bunk until you play back at them. Without you raising here you haven't demonstrated that you actually have a hand and are not full of it.

I might put in a raise on end here for value b/c now A high is stuck definitely paying you off. Plus you said the player was very aggressive and as such could be overplaying his hand here. Just my initial thoughts.

shutupndeal
12-01-2005, 07:18 PM
whoever said or had this "quote"...........no one thinks there is any value in raising the river like a donk pushing villain off an ace split?

The answer is a resounding "NO"

golferbrent
12-02-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whoever said or had this "quote"...........no one thinks there is any value in raising the river like a donk pushing villain off an ace split?

The answer is a resounding "NO"

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is there no value in making it look like you are trying to push someone else off A high when they put you on at best A high? I want to hear gamblers range for the hand... as well I also want to know whether this was an online hand or not.

In addition, I think that my statement about the typical opinion of a limp reraise line is it is a player who is full of it, and unless you play your hand like you have something... then how is the SB in this situation going to think anything else?

In addition to that, why are we simply shutting down with K-K against a 2p2'r with a Q high flop? Especially when the 2p2'r in question has no idea we are a 2p2'r as well and also has no idea we know he is a 2p2'r? If someone wants to explain that I am all ears!

IMO if someone posted this and said... I limp reraised with K-K and then called down a preflop capper when the board came Q high, he would get crucified. Why should the fact that the player is a known 2p2'r make a great deal of difference when the player has no knowledge of our level of knowledge?