PDA

View Full Version : my turn aggression is too high, so....

PokerBob
11-29-2005, 07:32 PM
....i decided that i should check here. Yes? BB here is a retard (36/3/0.5).

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Nah, I value bet. There are still plenty of draws for him to have, and you can check the river UI.

milesdyson
11-29-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah, I value bet. There are still plenty of draws for him to have, and you can check the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]
all likely flop gutshots for a 36% vpip guy now either have a pair of jacks or a straight. there are no other straight draws. the only possible draw is the club flush draw. otherwise he called our flop bet with air or a pair, and he isn't folding the pairs or bluffing the river with his airs.

i like the check

EvanJC
11-29-2005, 07:42 PM
he could also be peeling with almost anything. i think i'd like a turn bet

axioma
11-29-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
all likely flop gutshots for a 36% vpip guy now either have a pair of jacks or a straight. there are no other straight draws. the only possible draw is the club flush draw. otherwise he called our flop bet with air or a pair, and he isn't folding the pairs or bluffing the river with his airs.

i like the check

[/ QUOTE ]

a standard 3/6 chump in the BB could have almost any 2 cards after calling the flop.

bet the turn.

xCEO
11-29-2005, 07:47 PM
I like your check on this board. Do you call riverbet when a blank hits? Or like this: what rivercards are you folding when he bets? I need to know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like your check on this board. Do you call riverbet when a blank hits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Villain is super passive.

11-29-2005, 07:57 PM
This is tough imo. I think you can bet/fold this and check behind vs your standard opponent.

I put villain on this and ran pstove.
QQ-22, AQs-A2s, K6s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 98s
Your equity is 30% so a check behind isnt bad given that hand range. But I still feel bet/fold is superior given the small pot.

xCEO
11-29-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like your check on this board. Do you call riverbet when a blank hits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Villain is super passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

oeps, didn't see his stats

what about against an unknown?

11-29-2005, 08:16 PM
I usually bet/fold here. They'll peel the flop with anything.

11-29-2005, 08:53 PM
The presence of the gutshot on 4th street makes me want to bet this hand.

deception5
11-29-2005, 09:38 PM
I like it. Pot is small so a free card isn't expensive and you're often the one drawing anyway.

Jake (The Snake)
11-29-2005, 09:45 PM
I've been trying to tone down my turn agg too. However, I think the point of checking behind on the turn is usually when you are up against an aggressive player and you might not be sure what to do if checkraised... and you really want to get to SD. Against someone this passive, folding to a c/r would be easy, right? Anytime you don't get to showdown against this opponents, you were screwed anyway, imo.

Edit: I could see checking if it's because you think we are behind way too often and are basically giving up unless we improve. Not if we will call a river bet on a blank though.

jba
11-29-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the check

[/ QUOTE ]

he definitely could have picked up a gutshot

Wynton
11-29-2005, 11:01 PM
I absolutely bet the turn. BB is a "retard", you said. That certainly qualifies as someone who will call the flop without any particular reason.

PokerBob
11-30-2005, 12:03 AM
I typically bet here, as most retards (or so i assumed) will call the flop with ANYTHING, but then I started to wonder if i wasn't overestimating the retardation of my opponents. And also, my turn aggression is absurdly high, so I figured that it was spots like this where I may need to step off of the gas. So, I figured I'd check, as a c/r here would really suck since I had a gutter and an overcard. I am DERG.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Qd 9s (straight, king high).
Hero has Ac 9h (straight, jack high).
Outcome: BB wins 10.16 BB. </font>

ArturiusX
11-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Hmm tough one. With his stats, I fire again for value. We have about 6 decent outs, and our position allows us to check behind.