PDA

View Full Version : Steve Dannenmann at Taj Mahal 5-10

Drewboy22
11-29-2005, 07:16 PM
I was playing at the Taj 5-10 on Monday night when who plops down in the 10 seat but Steve Dannenmann. He strolled in with a Heineken and 2 black chips in his hands. He sat down and quipped "I usually play 4-8 but they don't have that here so I have to play 5-10...this is high for me" He also said that we hade nothing to worry about because he sucked at limit poker. He was right as I saw him drop $350 before he left. He was a really nice guy, chatting it up with everyone and joking and laughing. He told a few WSOP stories and was really friendly. One very funny hand. SD is on the button and a new player to the table is in the SB. One MP caller, SD calls, SB raises. BB folds. MP calls. SD calls. Flop comes 4-5-6. Steve Dannenmann starts laughing saying how he didn't like that flop b/c that was the flop that he lost to Hachem with. SB checks. MP checks. SD bets. SB calls. MP folds. turn blank. check check. river blank SB checks and Steve Dannenmann bets and begs the SB to call. He even tells him that he could give him the bet back. SB thinks..then mucks his AK face up. Dannenmann shows 3-7 for the flopped straight.....the same hand that Hachem beat him with. The whole table erupted with laughter. Pretty funny. He also had another funny comment about how he read Harrington's book (Part 2) just before the WSOP but didn't get a chance to read the Heads Up part but figured he would'nt need it...whoops." It was a fun night to be playing poker....oh yeah..and I crushed the game for 70BB in about 6 hours. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RiverTheNuts
11-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Im glad he didnt pull a moneymaker and try and sit at 300/600 or some garbage when he knows he can't beat it, pretending like he is the next stu. He seems like a fun guy.

Solami17
11-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Nice story until the very end

sweetjazz
11-29-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im glad he didnt pull a moneymaker and try and sit at 300/600 or some garbage when he knows he can't beat it, pretending like he is the next stu. He seems like a fun guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you aren't a 300/600 player.

11-30-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice story until the very end

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

canis582
11-30-2005, 01:00 PM
I saw Johnny Chan at the Bellagio when I was there. I left the 2-5 game up 20 bucks!

BoxTree
11-30-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He also had another funny comment about how he read Harrington's book (Part 2) just before the WSOP but didn't get a chance to read the Heads Up part but figured he would'nt need it...whoops."

[/ QUOTE ]

Beyond awesome.

Nice story. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Abbaddabba
11-30-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes 4-5-6. Steve Dannenmann starts laughing saying how he didn't like that flop b/c that was the flop that he lost to Hachem with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the impression that this guy is going to be making 'witty anecdotes' about his WSOP experience for quite some time.

"HAHAHA, nice hand, did you know that it is the very same hand that i bluffed howard lederer in the 2005 WSOP with?"

"Wow, tough beat. That's a similar situation to what i was in when i was in the 2005 WSOP against (insert name pro)"

I won't hold the fact that he's a one trick pony against him.

Im officially a zero trick pony.

It sounds a bit... errr... strange when you find such a retarded excuse to remind people that you made the final table of a WSOP event.

BUD
11-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Wouldn't the flop that cost you millions and lost you the title of wsop champion stand out ot you. Or how about that you held the hole cards that your opponent had. What are the odds of that happening? It sounds almost made up by the original poster. I am sure i would recall and comment on such a coincidence.

AKQJ10
11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
I saw a pot won with 73 on a 456 flop at Foxwoods the other day, and I immediately commented about Hachem. Imagine the odds! Not only did two people hold this exact hand, but they both held it in prominent East Coast cardrooms, and in both cases someone at the table commented on it!

Oh, yeah, and one of them was actually the WSOP runner-up.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gobboboy
12-01-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes 4-5-6. Steve Dannenmann starts laughing saying how he didn't like that flop b/c that was the flop that he lost to Hachem with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the impression that this guy is going to be making 'witty anecdotes' about his WSOP experience for quite some time.

"HAHAHA, nice hand, did you know that it is the very same hand that i bluffed howard lederer in the 2005 WSOP with?"

"Wow, tough beat. That's a similar situation to what i was in when i was in the 2005 WSOP against (insert name pro)"

I won't hold the fact that he's a one trick pony against him.

Im officially a zero trick pony.

It sounds a bit... errr... strange when you find such a retarded excuse to remind people that you made the final table of a WSOP event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Final table at the WSOP TOC. He's a fine player who might have some WSOP final tables in store for us in the future.

12-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Kinda funny story...I bump into a guy I've played at borgata with a few times over the last couple months and just after the episode where he makes the call to talk about bluffing Lederer we play and I was saying what a jackass I thought he was...this other guy says they are neighbors and says that he is actually a good guy. Long story short I see the guy I've played with at a new 10/20 and he say that Dannerman is on his way over...He sits just to my left and he turns out to be nice though the laugh you see on ESPN is almost more annoying in person. The only really bad thing is dealing with the nutcases that continually walked up to him at the table to talk...

Ps...he sucked out on my pocket KK with a four flush AK off suit...he was cool about it though.