PDA

View Full Version : (NL25) AA: horrible play?

Bill Poker
11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
UTG is a extremely loose maniac, and bets and overbets with any pair or smells any weakness. the whole table were stalking him and another maniac.

UTG+2 is loose too because of the two maniac in the table. his $3 bet could be mid/high pairs and AT+/KQ.

my $3 bet call instead of reraise was intended to have UTG involved, or if he folded, i tried to give UTG+2 an impression that I didnt have AA/KK. is it bad decision? should I reraise to ~$10 to isolate UTG+2 instead?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, NL25

UTG ($100)
UTG+2 ($40)
Hero ($54) Button

Preflop: Hero is Button with AA.
UTGraises to $0.5, UTG+2 raises to $3, 5 folds, Button (poster) calls $3, 2 folds, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($12.5) K, 3, 6 (with 2 spades, I have no spade)
UTG bets $90, UTG+2 folds, Hero ????.

stu-unger
11-29-2005, 06:00 PM
a pfrr is in order. if u trap with your aces then i cant see folding them now. u did say u've seen him do this with one pair hands b4 and i dont see too many people open pushing with sweet hands...

11-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Deception with AA is usually not needed when playing a maniac. Oh, and I try not to break my mouse when I call the flop bet.

trumpman84
11-29-2005, 06:23 PM
This is a pretty easy call given your reads. You said he's been overbetting the pot like that with air and one pair hands and you beat all those..barring a spectacular body language read (i.e. he's running around the table screaming and jumping up and down and I read that he wasn't acting..heh) I would call.

EDIT: And since this is online, its a pretty big tell to be running around a virtual table.

GrunchCan
11-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Re-raise the flop. You don't need to disguise your hand. UTG is an Action Jackson and will usually come along. The middle player is probably trying to isolate the maniac, and he's not doing this with air. He'll probably come along too, once he sees the maniac come along.

Moreover, coldcalling like this doesn't really disguise your hand. Everyone knows (or suspects) you have a high pair.

Bill Poker
11-29-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moreover, coldcalling like this doesn't really disguise your hand. Everyone knows (or suspects) you have a high pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good point. thanks.

result:

<font color="white">
I called and UTG had K6o. his hands held up.

In retrospect, I should have reraised to $10, UTG fold, and UTG+2 might call and I would take down the pot on flop.

I did manage to double up twice later through these two guys./images/graemlins/smirk.gif
</font>