PDA

View Full Version : When Drunk and Playing .5/.10 (lc)

Andrew Fletcher
11-29-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't get aggressive or passive. My play doesn't change at all.

However, I do start babbling about Sklanksy, the Theory of Poker and other stuff that I really shouldn't be talking about. Which is worse? Donking off a buy-in or giving the fish guns?

11-29-2005, 05:49 PM
The effect you are trying to avoid is donking off the buyin.
Why would it matter that the fish have guns after your buy in is gone?

Cambraceres

stu-unger
11-29-2005, 05:52 PM
if 10nl is your normal game, then u shouldnt be drunken donkin off chips there. however, if u r just having fun like i do sometimes, then shut up about sklansky and start saying sweet things like my favorite color is blue and pass the sugar while u push every time u have a draw or a pair or an itch on your nose...

11-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Why don't you tell those sharks in the $10NL about 2p2 while your at it?

beavens
11-29-2005, 06:07 PM
meh, i always think it's best if the players at my table think i don't know what i'm doing.

i never table coach or explain my hands.

Andrew Fletcher
11-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Right.

My poker journy has been complicated. I don't have a regular game or even a bankroll right now. I've been studying and studying....getting ready to make a serious deposit when I feel good enough. I have plenty of money, but I don't want to jump in the pool until I'm ready to swim.

This .5/.10 game is just fun. A bunch of my buddies at college.

11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
meh, i always think it's best if the players at my table think i don't know what i'm doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoy playing retarded hands at the start of a session when drunk...

"10 4 of diamonds is my lucky hand!"

"I just felt like another 2 was coming on the turn."

Make them think you're an idiot and they'll pay you off.

beavens
11-29-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10 4 of diamonds is my lucky hand!

I just felt like another 2 was coming on the flop.

Make them think you're an idiot and they'll pay you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah there's nothing -EV about coming off like a dolt, but when you start explaining that you went allin on a draw because there were three players in the hand and you had an OESFD because of the high FE and the monster odds, it might kill some action /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mercman572
11-29-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get aggressive or passive. My play doesn't change at all.

However, I do start babbling about Sklanksy, the Theory of Poker and other stuff that I really shouldn't be talking about. Which is worse? Donking off a buy-in or giving the fish guns?

[/ QUOTE ]

last night someone was playing a 60VPIP and catching 2 pair and flushes while people were paying off his pushes. He got up to $500 (5 buyins) but he was demeaning every play and asking "why do you call I haven't shown down less than 2 pair when I push." Now I have a permanent note, bad for him.

Andrew Fletcher
11-29-2005, 06:25 PM
hahahahaha