PDA

View Full Version : live 15 hand

foldem
11-29-2005, 04:54 PM
good live 15/30 game. I am pretty new to the table. 3 players limp and I toss one more chip in with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif big blind checks. Flop is AKQ with a spade draw. I bet BB calls next guy says I'll call one time and calls one guy folds and the button calls. Turn is an offsuit 7. I lead again now the BB raises, folded to me and I fold. Anyone play it differently?

gh9801
11-29-2005, 04:57 PM
This fold is fine, I think I might even c/f flop since you have the worst position, the pot is insignificant, and you only have TPWK on a dangerous board

KramerTM
11-29-2005, 05:01 PM
I think I would c/f the turn (but be ready to call down if the bet came from late position). C/F-ing the flop seems a bit too weak for me.

All told, I think you played it fine.

goofball
11-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Perfect. I don't think there's any other way to play it, although there are BM players against whom I'd call this down.

W. Deranged
11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
I think we should check the flop.

This seems like a great opportunity for a two-way check: Checking allows us to call an early position bet and reevalute, possibly check-raise a fishy late position bet, and fold to a bet and a raise. This kind of flop probably won't get checked through in a five-way pot, and so checking seems likely to give us effective position on the flop play and mean that we will be more likely to play the flop correctly.

As for the turn, it depends hugely on the nature of the turn card and how many players stick around on the flop, but I kind of like donking a lot of safe turns particularly if the hand is 2-3 handed based on the flop betting. (Obviously we leave if we check-raise the flop).

foldem
11-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Good points. I agree that checking the flop and raising a LP bet and getting out of the way to a bet and a raise is better than leading. Results were that the BB was crazy and had J6 for only a gutshot draw. He proceeded to try and outplay me on every hand after this which worked out well for me.

andyfox
11-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Against multiple opponents, I'll generally check the flop here, considering calling or folding against an early position bettor, and calling or raising against a late position bettor.

BB didn't raise the flop; I would thus minimize his chances of having an ace. K-Q is somewhat unlikely in that it would mean he both didn't raise preflop nor raise on the flop with it. The most likely explanation for his turn raise it that the 7 helped him; that would likely mean K-7 or Q-7. Maybe, too, he just has a flush draw, possibly with a pair. Gettting 7:1, I think I'd call this turn raise.