PDA

View Full Version : Passports and Visas

The Truth
11-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I am leaving the country in about 5 months, until then I will be traveling around the US.

I am startin the process of obtaining visas for all the coutnries and getting my passport made.

I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions about the cheapest methods to go about this. It seems there are alot of agencies and alot of different pricing methods.

Its seems to be intentionally obscure; hoping somebody with experience knows whats up.

thanks
blake

11-29-2005, 04:17 PM
What? Contact the consulate for whatever country you wish to visit. They'll tell you how much it is and what you need to do before you attempt to enter. Do visa brokers really exist?

11-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Once you have or before you get your passport, If you haven't already done so, go to this web page (http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/brochures/brochures_1229.html#i)

It gives you a list of all countries and what the entry requirements are (whether you need a visa, etc.) and web addresses for the appropriate embassy/consulate.

Visa brokers will charge you an arm and leg for doing little more than what you would normally do anyway - fill it an application, submit, pay fee. I have a lot personal experience with this so feel free to PM if you want some personal insight.

The most important step (which you are already doing) is starting early!