PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting help

11-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I feel that I've gone as far as I can go learning solo. I've read Harringtons 1&2 about 5 times each and routinely go over my HH, as well as post problems to 2+2 and read other people's posts. I've purchased SnGPT and use it to analyze my bubble/ITM play. While I know I will slowly get better with time, I'm having trouble identifying my weaknesses.

One thing I've noticed mentioned on the forums is that people review other's HHs. Is this mainly room mates or meat-space friends helping each other out? How would I go about finding someone to help me review my tournement histories? How would I know if they are qualified to give me good advice?

Thanks in advance,
Baz

durron597
11-29-2005, 03:21 PM
If you would like help with reviewing HHs, usually people take money for it. This is often done on a flat fee per some number of HHs, or as a % of profits.

skipperbob
11-29-2005, 03:22 PM
One Word = "Stanzee"

eejit
11-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Hey Baz

One thing I found is that there are a lot of high volume posters on here, who mean well, but their advice is sometimes questionable.

The thing that helped me out the most was finding a couple of posters who I know are winning players, and then going back over all their previous posts.

If you haven't already done so, check out anything by Curtains and Unarmed. Two different styles but great info.

You've got sng power tools, so your on the right track there.

Good luck.

11-29-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you would like help with reviewing HHs, usually people take money for it. This is often done on a flat fee per some number of HHs, or as a % of profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Durron.

Is anyone willing to quote me on HH review? This month is my first month of studying SnG. I have 600 $22s under my belt, with an ROI of 3% so I don't think anyone is going to want a percentage of my profits. That does include my initial learning curve however.

From Thanksgiving to today I've played 112 $22s: ROI:52%, ITM: 43%. Obviously I've been winning a lot of coinflips and have been running real hot, but I don't think I could have done this without applying at least the basics. I just mention this so that people don't write me off with my 3% lifetime ROI.

While I know that the heater I've been on for the last 100 SnGs doesn't mean I'm a strong or even good player, it does however leave me with a lot of tournament HHs that span all the way to HU, giving someone the ability to analyze my game at all the different stages.

I'm very serious about learning poker and want to maximize my growth while I'm between jobs. I can spend at least 60hrs/week on poker. Anyone interested in helping me please PM me with your rates.

-Baz