PDA

View Full Version : Lost, 80/160 line

DeezNutz3
11-29-2005, 03:17 PM
I have been at the table for an orbit maybe 2. The game is playing very aggressive and I have run well thus far. It folds to the CO who opens and he is a 38/30. I 3 bet on the button w/ A9o. The bb is one of the reasons I am in the game and he open caps. He has been playing very loose, fast and aggressive. The Co folds and I call.

The flop is K93r he bets and I call. I sometimes raise here but I would like to put some pressure on him and wait until the turn.

The turn is a J and he still bets and I freeze up as I don't really like this card and just call.

The river is a Q making the board K93JQ and he bets and I fold.

The hand felt very poorly played and left me wondering what an optimal line would be.

Thanks for the input.

Donny

11-29-2005, 03:24 PM
if i had called this far, i would call the river as well

Wes ManTooth
11-29-2005, 03:26 PM
you hinted to it in your post, raise the flop.

sy_or_bust
11-29-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very poor reasoning

TMFS9
11-29-2005, 03:47 PM
How many handed is this? Also I definitely think the river is a clear fold, and think that you played the hand fine.

bobbyi
11-29-2005, 03:55 PM
I think the way you played this is fine.

Since the guy is "very loose" and aggressive, I don't think you are working him off something like TT, so I don't see the merit to raising the flop. You have folding equity by playing fast in that you may get him off an AJ-type hand, but that only has 3 outs anyway. If he capped with QJs, getting him to fold is obviously quite good, but over the range of hands he can have, I don't think you have that much folding equity in playing fast.

I don't like playing this fast for value because against a guy like this you are getting played back at a lot and it sucks to have to fold in this big pot and it also sucks to pay through the nose to get to the river. I'm happy with just calling the flop and turn. That board is ugly on the river and even though the pot is big at this point, you're beating so few hands that folding seems right.

stoxtrader
11-29-2005, 04:00 PM
I like bobbyi's analysis.

I also think you played the hand well.

also, 38/30 needs tt include a disclaimer for number of players at the table. or even better, how often does he steal?

bobbyi
11-29-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he capped with QJs, getting him to fold is obviously quite good

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops, missed that that has a gutshot, so isn't folding either.

sthief09
11-29-2005, 05:00 PM
"loose, fast, and aggressive" isnt enough for anyone to make that call. we need to know what you think his capping range is and whether he is capable of firing 3 barrels on this board with A high or an underpair.

sthief09
11-29-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

also, 38/30 needs tt include a disclaimer for number of players at the table. or even better, how often does he steal?

[/ QUOTE ]

neither of you think he has enough As dominated and enough pocket pairs beaten to raise the flop? my biggest problem with this hand is how aggro this guy is. he could be 45/30 or he could be 90/60. big difference between the two

11-29-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very poor reasoning

[/ QUOTE ]

hm.. could be, in this kind of situations when i decide to call down i usually call river down. why is so impossible that this guy has 88,77,66,55,44 that you all beat? is he not capping with this one?
maybe this is just my bad habbit, which i hace to get rid off

DeezNutz3
11-29-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many handed is this? Also I definitely think the river is a clear fold, and think that you played the hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, this was 6 handed.

DeezNutz3
11-29-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is filtered for hands less than 6 handed down to 4 handed. His steal percent was about 40 if I remember correct.

DeezNutz3
11-29-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"loose, fast, and aggressive" isnt enough for anyone to make that call. we need to know what you think his capping range is and whether he is capable of firing 3 barrels on this board with A high or an underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had been watching the table for 2 orbits and saw him giving a lot of action with hands that he shouldn't or if I didn't see the hand a hand with much less strength than I would think was shipping big pots. I was pretty sure he wouuld fire on all streets with both of those holdings...

DeezNutz3
11-29-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

neither of you think he has enough As dominated and enough pocket pairs beaten to raise the flop? my biggest problem with this hand is how aggro this guy is. he could be 45/30 or he could be 90/60. big difference between the two

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have numbers up yet but they way he was playing I would guess 55/35 and very aggressive for a guy who plays that many hands.

Dave Mac
11-30-2005, 12:01 AM
was this ub? i think you played it well, against an aggro. 80 ub player i think cring the flop is ok but can cause problems. i think there is a good chance that the action will go something like this, you cr he 3 bets you have to call down, or you cr he calls and crs the turn and you have too call down. either way ugly.
however, the benifit of cring a street is a hand like AJ or other A hi hand may call you down and all the pockt pairs you beat will prolly call down. however a lot of these hands you beat may bet every street.
so basically i think thse is a spot where you use his agression against him and basically just try to get one bet in on each street no more no less.

finally i think there is no chance that anyone folds TT sh, ever.
dave

baronzeus
11-30-2005, 12:16 AM
nuts,

i think you played this hand perfectly postflop. although it sucks when the bad cards keep coming in.

edit: everyone who plays in the UB 80 game, if you want to exchange SNs with me and give hand advice etc lmk.