PDA

View Full Version : (Foodies) Top 10 NY Steak's, what a joke!

jnalpak
11-29-2005, 02:12 PM
New York City Search has posted their Top 10 best NY steak's in NY...they couldnt be more off then that OOT post about the kid who wants to pee on that girl.

While Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse is a NY staple for many years it pales in comparasin to Lugers and Old Homestead, plus Wolfgangs was left out of this WTF!!!!!!!!!!

And to top it off, any list that has Ruth Christ NEAR or EVEN IN the Top 10 can not be taken seriously.

Top 10 NY Steak's (http://newyork.citysearch.com/bestof/winners/2005/steak)

1. Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse (no.3)
2. Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House (who?)
3. Macelleria (nope)
4. Peter Luger Steak House (ummm, no.1????)
5. Dylan Prime (no thank you) plus if its featured as hip it shouldnt be in a Top 10 list.
6. Strip House (never heard of it)
7. Palm (A Staple)
8. Churrascaria Plataforma (WHAT A JOKE)
9. Old Homestead Steakhouse (should be higher)
10. Ruth's Chris Steak House (WTF, butter steak makes top10?)

notables missing:

Wolfgangs
Delmonicos
Ben Bensons

pokerdirty
11-29-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And to top it off, any list that has Ruth Christ NEAR or EVEN IN the Top 10 can not be taken seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

then don't take it seriously.

i /images/graemlins/heart.gif it when people get mad over stupid [censored] like this /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hornacek
11-29-2005, 02:23 PM
I really like the limo service that Frankie and Johnny's offers, free of charge.

jnalpak
11-29-2005, 02:24 PM
I AM SOOOOOO UPSET BY THIS!

BTW Ruth's Chris Steak House sux0r!!!!!!11111

ononimo
11-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Strip House definitely belongs.

jnalpak
11-29-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

never heard of it...can you convince me to try it over say WolfG?

arod15
11-29-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
New York City Search has posted their Top 10 best NY steak's in NY...they couldnt be more off then that OOT post about the kid who wants to pee on that girl.

While Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse is a NY staple for many years it pales in comparasin to Lugers and Old Homestead, plus Wolfgangs was left out of this WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Top 10 NY Steak's (http://newyork.citysearch.com/bestof/winners/2005/steak)

1. Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse (no.3)
2. Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House (who?)
3. Macelleria (nope)
4. Peter Luger Steak House (ummm, no.1????)
5. Dylan Prime (no thank you) plus if its featured as hip it shouldnt be in a Top 10 list.
6. Strip House (never heard of it)
7. Palm (A Staple)
8. Churrascaria Plataforma (WHAT A JOKE)
9. Old Homestead Steakhouse (should be higher)
10. Ruth's Chris Steak House (WTF, butter steak makes top10?)

notables missing:

Wolfgangs
Delmonicos
Ben Bensons

[/ QUOTE ]

Churasqueirria is awsome and so is strip house. clearly you know little if you call this one a joke....

arod15
11-29-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very high end try it. You cant say XBOX360 is the best until you try PS3. SImiliarly try it and Del Frisco is great too.

BottlesOf
11-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Dylan Prime is tight.

The absence of Sparks makes me happy, as I was underwhelmed when I was there.

IndieMatty
11-29-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dylan Prime is tight.

The absence of Sparks makes me happy, as I was underwhelmed when I was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sparks is the worst of the lot. (still good) Really crappy sides.

Ulysses
11-29-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strip House is good and a very cool atmosphere, but the food is definitely not as good as Wolfgang's. Very good and worth trying, though.

IndieMatty
11-29-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strip House is good and a very cool atmosphere, but the food is definitely not as good as Wolfgang's. Very good and worth trying, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla?

Riverman
11-29-2005, 02:39 PM
I really enjoyed Sparks personally

Voltron87
11-29-2005, 02:45 PM
this isn't a steak house, but I had an incredibly good steak at Gotham City Grill last week. My appetizer was also top notch, but the people who I was eating with were not impressed with their meals. as in pretty dissatisfied given the reputation and price. the service was also subpar, there was a very long wait for out entrees.

That said, my steak was amazing abd up there with the best, I 100% suggest it if you're there, but other than that bright spot my party's review of the resaurant was pretty negative.

11-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Before I turned vegetarian last week, I was big into steaks. I think Ruth Chris (the one in Weehawken at least) belongs in the top 10. It's better than Frankie and Johnnie's and as good as Del Frisco. It's not as good as Luger's, Palm, and a few others, but it's top 10. Oh and Morton's sucks and doesn't belong even in a top 100.

The best piece of beef I've had anywhere though was at Daniel. Nothing, anwyehre in the world, including all the top places I've eaten at in Vegas and London, compares to the beef at Daniel.

Until I go to Le Bernandin, Masa, and Per Se, I am going to say that Daniel has the best food in the world.

jnalpak
11-29-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Churasqueirria is awsome and so is strip house. clearly you know little if you call this one a joke....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your missing the point, no one goes to that place JUST for the steak! Churasqueirria is awsome for the 20 diff type of meats i can eat but its not a top 10 contender.

11-29-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your missing the point, no one goes to that place JUST for the steak! Churasqueirria is awsome for the 20 diff type of meats i can eat but its not a top 10 contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went there once. The quality of meat wasn't that great.

11-29-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
notables missing:

Wolfgangs
Delmonicos
Ben Bensons
Sparks

[/ QUOTE ]

BottlesOf
11-29-2005, 03:20 PM
I know it's the chaniest of the chains but I very much enjoy Capital Grille.

citanul
11-29-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is very high end try it. You cant say XBOX360 is the best until you try PS3.

[/ QUOTE ]

while the OP of this thread is clearly not the most educated steak consumer in the world, i'd like to point out that i've seen this line several times so far, and have a serious issue with it.

let's break down the issue:

xbox 360 - exists
ps3 - doesn't exist

most things that exist outperform most things that do exist, in general.

c

IndieMatty
11-29-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know it's the chaniest of the chains but I very much enjoy Capital Grille.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Capital Grille. They just opened up a Bobby Vans across the street from my office, can't wait to go.

tonypaladino
11-29-2005, 03:29 PM
I think we need an OOT Peter Luger trip.

11-29-2005, 03:30 PM
I'd like to name the Worst Steakhouses in NY:

Shula's
Michael Jordan's
Morton's

nyc999
11-29-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this isn't a steak house, but I had an incredibly good steak at Gotham City Grill last week. My appetizer was also top notch, but the people who I was eating with were not impressed with their meals. as in pretty dissatisfied given the reputation and price. the service was also subpar, there was a very long wait for out entrees.

That said, my steak was amazing abd up there with the best, I 100% suggest it if you're there, but other than that bright spot my party's review of the resaurant was pretty negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotham is very good, or you could just eat across the street (the location of Strip House).

citanul
11-29-2005, 03:32 PM
you went to daniel and had a steak?

CollinEstes
11-29-2005, 03:33 PM
I thought Bobby Van's was supposed to be a pretty good steak in New York, no?

Ulysses
citanul,

jnalpak is clearly among the most educated steak (and restaurants in general) consumers in NYC. You definitely won't go wrong following his foodie advice.

xadrez
Hey Suspect,

Did you ever end up finding that mexican place?

11-29-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No but I had beef.

jnalpak
11-29-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

istewart
11-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Few questions here, figured this is a good place for a hijack.

Diablo, jnalpak, everyone who has been to Wolfgang's: I'm going there again soon, you guys said the bacon was top notch right? Or not? Also anything other sides that are must-eats?

Voltron: Elaborate on Gotham Grill. Been meaning to go there.

sfer
11-29-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Before I turned vegetarian last week, I was big into steaks. I think Ruth Chris (the one in Weehawken at least) belongs in the top 10. It's better than Frankie and Johnnie's and as good as Del Frisco. It's not as good as Luger's, Palm, and a few others, but it's top 10. Oh and Morton's sucks and doesn't belong even in a top 100.

The best piece of beef I've had anywhere though was at Daniel. Nothing, anwyehre in the world, including all the top places I've eaten at in Vegas and London, compares to the beef at Daniel.

Until I go to Le Bernandin, Masa, and Per Se, I am going to say that Daniel has the best food in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would define "The World" as slightly wider than New York, Weekawken, London, and Las Vegas.

istewart
11-29-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would define "The World" as slightly wider than New York, Weehawken , London, and Las Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahaha.

Ulysses
11-29-2005, 04:13 PM
istewart,

wolfgang's is easy. martini. a couple of slices each of bacon to start. steak for x, medium rare. red wine. creamed spinach. cottage fries.

jnalpak has in the past had a couple of other suggestions in addition to the above.

Voltron87
11-29-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Few questions here, figured this is a good place for a hijack.

Diablo, jnalpak, everyone who has been to Wolfgang's: I'm going there again soon, you guys said the bacon was top notch right? Or not? Also anything other sides that are must-eats?

Voltron: Elaborate on Gotham Grill. Been meaning to go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure whether I would recommend it, because my food was so good and everyone else's was so... meh. On my food, I would give it a great rating and everyone who tried my steak agreed, but their dishes weren't as good. The sides on my steak (carrots, onion rings, and a custard) were also forgettable. The wait was pretty long for the entrees, and the room was pretty noisy. The noise thing is more of a preference, but it's on the louder side FYI. But the steak was excellent and I loved it, and so was my appetizer, linguini with a cream and mushroom sauce. so get the steak. does this match anyone else's trips there?

jnalpak
11-29-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

wolfgang's is easy. martini. a couple of slices each of bacon to start. steak for x, medium rare. red wine. creamed spinach. cottage fries.

[/ QUOTE ]

drool.

jnalpak
11-29-2005, 04:37 PM
After this whole thread, i just got the worst phone call EVER....

It's my bro's birthday and the family is having dinner at none other then RUTH CHRISTS! They won't budge on changing it as its apparantly NOT MY DECISION and my say means [censored] /images/graemlins/smile.gif gotta love family.

can someone recommend something good for me to have here?

Jesus CHRISTOOOO!!!!

Trip report soon to come on this totally crappy chain

11-29-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After this whole thread, i just got the worst phone call EVER....

It's my bro's birthday and the family is having dinner at none other then RUTH CHRISTS! They won't budge on changing it as its apparantly NOT MY DECISION and my say means [censored] /images/graemlins/smile.gif gotta love family.

can someone recommend something good for me to have here?

Jesus CHRISTOOOO!!!!

Trip report soon to come on this totally crappy chain

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me: Ruth Chris at Weehawken cooks a terrific filet. The sides suck. Shrimp app isn't bad.

edtost
11-29-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think we need an OOT Peter Luger trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, ok.

jnalpak
11-29-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm such a stubborn new yorker, as i dig deeper into this dilemma I now know I am not going to the NYC one, i am going to the one near Roosevelt Mall in LI (i have to commute)...Maybe I'll pick up a suit at Nordstroms :-D

citanul
11-29-2005, 05:00 PM
masked man,

i'll trust you on this one, though i was surprised that he hadn't heard of/really hated some of the places on that top 10 list.

c

(booh, quick reply isn't working)

bugstud
11-29-2005, 05:26 PM
anyone dissing on any decent churrascaria deserves to be shot.

slamdunkpro
11-29-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The sides suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be a common fault at RC. Here in DC while the steaks at RC aren't the greatest, their sides all (A) suck and (B) are served cold.