PDA

View Full Version : Slick faces all-in raise on small flop

11-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Interpoker .15/.25 NL $25 max buy-in 10 max

The full ring I was playing in has fallen apart and I find myself heads up with a pretty decent opponent. At first he was taking down quite a few small pots by being more aggressive, but then I busted him with a decent but not-great hand and since then I have been more aggressive. Now I’m dealt big slick…what’s your line here?

Seat 3: Hero ($31.02 in chips)
Seat 7: Villain ($46.78 in chips)
Hero: posts small blind $0.15
Villain: posts big blind $0.25
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Hero [A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Hero: calls $0.10
Villain: raises to $1
Hero: raises to $4
Villain: calls $3
----- FLOP ----- [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Hero: bets $6.25
Villain: raises to $42.78 and is all-in

11-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Fold.

Its a given that he is trying to steal your raise, but the reality is that you dont have anything. You can fold and save your money, and spring a trap on him within the next few hands. He priced you out of the pot, just fold and move on to next hand.

Marlow
11-29-2005, 02:07 PM
First, your first action here needs to be a raise pre-flop. If you have been aggressive with this guy, then you have been setting him up for situations like this one. Since you now actually have a premium hand, fire away. To him, it will look like another pre-flop raise with cards that are most likely decent but not great.

I like that you bet out on the flop. And I think that you need to fold instantly to his all-in. It does not look like he's drawing here. Because of his 3-bet after your call/raise, it looks to me like he's got a big hand. Probably QQ+.

beavens
11-29-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]