PDA

View Full Version : positional woes (nc)

beavens
11-29-2005, 01:45 PM
so for some reason last night, i felt extremely uneasy playing hands OOP. regardless of the cards i had i just didn't feel comfortable unless i was late or last to act.

anyone get in these situations?

if so, how do you deal with it?

enjoy this low to no content thread!

Zarathustra888
11-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Err nearly always? Maybe you've had a sudden realisation like I've had occasionally, that is 'playing oop sucks'.

I've simply stopped playing speculative hands out of position after reading the chapter in ciaffone and reubens book where they go against it.

beavens
11-29-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Err nearly always? Maybe you've had a sudden realisation like I've had occasionally, that is 'playing oop sucks'.

I've simply stopped playing speculative hands out of position after reading the chapter in ciaffone and reubens book where they go against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

it especially sucks when you have someone sitting to your left that you'd def want on your right.. i've finally started just getting up from tables when i've got the wrong people always having positions on me except when i've got the button..

dunno, ive known about position for a while now, but it really sunk in last night.

GrunchCan
11-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Sounds to me like last night you grew as a poker player.

There's more growth yet to come...

beavens
11-29-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like last night you grew as a poker player.

There's more growth yet to come...

[/ QUOTE ]

lord knows i need it!

4_2_it
11-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Good. Now try to work that extreme uneasiness into manageable uneasiness and you will be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Mercman572
11-29-2005, 02:19 PM
i lean toward being weaktight OOP. not a bad thing to be

11-29-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so for some reason last night, i felt extremely uneasy playing hands OOP. regardless of the cards i had i just didn't feel comfortable unless i was late or last to act.

anyone get in these situations?

if so, how do you deal with it?

enjoy this low to no content thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, that's smart... But watch the "blind leak." Can't be too predictable either. Mix it up knowing purposally-purposely-purpossaly(don't ask... mind blank... forgot how to spell) that you'll lose that hand...

Unless the ppl you playing with have no clue of your patterns anyways... if so, that advice i gave is null and void...