PDA

View Full Version : overpair on paired board

joseki
11-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Villain is 32/13/0.8 over 1000 hands.

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

Two questions:
Do I have to bet?
Can I fold if raised?

tolbiny
11-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Bet.
What are BB's stats, i have folded to c/r here. But i have also called down and been good. Its hard to estimate.

joseki
11-29-2005, 02:01 PM
BB is very loose and very passive (57/7/0.7).

I'm scared of a c/r because I'm not sure how to handle it. I think this is a good spot for AJ/KJ to semi-bluff c/r. At the same time, both the bet/call and cold-call are consistent w/ T's waiting for the turn to raise my 'obvious' overpair.

Anyone think calling the flop and raising the turn would be better?

Poldi
11-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Board is drawy and you have 2 opponents, you must bet this.
The decision is not easy when getting raised, but that doesnt mean you should make a mistake so you wont have to make that decision. This being a 3way pot makes a bluff less likely, you can probably fold to a CR unless you have a read to do otherwise, their stats look passive and you raised at every opportunity so far.
Its probably close either way, betting the turn is not close at all so dont make the mistake of checking because you will get CRed some of the time and have to face a tough decision.