PDA

View Full Version : AA on button vs. ignorant ass

mother_brain
11-29-2005, 12:39 PM
My notes on this player say "ignorant ass". I don't remember exactly how that happened. But he was not afraid to throw some chips around and usually had a good hand when he played a big pot.

1/2 NL 6 max

About 180 effective stacks

I have A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button

They all fold to villian in the CO makes it $10. I call and the blinds fold

Flop ($23) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
He bets $14 I minraise to $28 he calls.

Turn ($79) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
He checks, I check

River ($79) 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
He checks, I check

beavens
11-29-2005, 12:41 PM
why didn't you repop it preflop?

why only a minraise?

why not come out on the turn for a 2/3 bet?

check behind on the river is fine.

Godfather80
11-29-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My notes on this player say "ignorant ass". I don't remember exactly how that happened. But he was not afraid to throw some chips around and usually had a good hand when he played a big pot.

1/2 NL 6 max

About 180 effective stacks

I have A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button

Flop ($23) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Turn ($79) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
He checks, I check

River ($79) 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
He checks, I check

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand a single thing about this hand, other than your river check behind.

mother_brain
11-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Yes you do understand it. It was played bad, thats why i posted it. At least the first guy was helpful. Don't post just to be rude have some content with the rudeness. Thats the 2+2 way.

4_2_it
11-29-2005, 01:07 PM
I can only guess what the "ignorant ass" player note on you says /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Raise it up pre-flop, make a real raise/bet on the flop. Slow down to 2/3 pot on the turn and check behind that crap river.

Godfather80
11-29-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes you do understand it. It was played bad, thats why i posted it. At least the first guy was helpful. Don't post just to be rude have some content with the rudeness. Thats the 2+2 way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't being insulting. Don't understand it without a specific read. Wanna help by giving your thought process? If you don't like my reply, feel free to ignore it.

11-29-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FIrst of all, re: your "just to have some content with rudeness" ummmm was the fact that you stated "his comment said ignorant ass" really necessary?? It just restated our convictions that you're pretty cocky, yet you probably overstate your own skill... So I think his comment was perfectly appropriate.

Secondly, he did state that your river check was ok.. which is constructive advice, right?

Thirdly, you played AA like an "ignorant ass". It takes one to know one i guess....I mean come on, even an amateur should know from watching Rounders or something like that. You know, "I can't call and let him catch..." He raised to $10 already.. that's a good enough pot man! Pop him pre-flop... If he folds, you got $10, which is good enough... If he really is an "ignorant ass" you gotta make him pay. You gotta make your AA win.

So yeah. Respond to that. This will be fun. But you get what you give.

beavens
11-29-2005, 02:22 PM
ok guys - let's not turn this into a pissing contest.

to the OP, can we get some reasoning on why you played this hand how you did?

Riverman
11-29-2005, 02:24 PM
I havent read the other replies but I assume you are getting ripped.

Raise to about 40 before the flop, bet at least 2/3 pot on the flop, and take it from there (youll be pot committed)

Just so you know, minraising really sucks balls

scdavis0
11-29-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Just so you know, minraising really sucks balls

[/ QUOTE ]

Minraising has its place. If you are determined to always make it at least 3x my bet you are using extra money to accomplish the same thing.

mother_brain
11-29-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have A A on the button

Flop ($23) K 9 4

Turn ($79) Q
He checks, I check

River ($79) 7
He checks, I check

[/ QUOTE ]

Well here was my (poor) reasoning.
I don't mind calling preflop. Me and this guy play at the same tables a lot, so sometimes i'll raise sometimes call. In this situation it was mostly because the blinds were pretty tight and unlikely to come along for the ride. If I felt they were I'd have been more inclined to raise it up there.

The minraise was pretty dumb. I was hoping to look like some hearts incase another one came he wouldn't try to blow me off of my hand.

Then the turn came and I think that was my biggest mistake. I had to bet out about 2/3s like everybody reccomended here. That queen just scared me senseless. KK, QQ, 1010, 10J, KQ, and hearts got me dominated. And those are a good chunk of his hand range. I thought he might just be checking because my minraise had worked to make him think I had hearts. AhK isn't leaving either. So I got scared and checked and the river played itself. I'll post results shortly.