PDA

View Full Version : Hand...

krishanleong
11-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Villian seemed solid. Taggy number preflop with decent agression postflop. Thoughts?

Krishan

TStoneMBD
11-29-2005, 11:48 AM
i really see no reason at all to slow down on the river.

his most likely holdings are 44/55 and maybe 78. JT is the most probable hand of all because he didnt cap the turn. i just really dont understand why youd slow down.

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 11:49 AM
MP has me confused. I can put him on maybe JT? Why didn't he raise the flop though. TT and JJ seem out of the question. Maybe 78, trying to get another bet out of you, but I think he would usually cap the turn?

I 3-bet...is that bad?

wheelz
11-29-2005, 11:49 AM
he has JT, i'd 3-bet

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he has JT, i'd 3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

And remove your "solid" read. As TStone said, I think 44 or 55 might be possible too.

7ontheline
11-29-2005, 11:51 AM
I think I 3-bet the river. The only hands that beat you are TT, JJ, 32, 37, and 87. TT and JJ raise PF, I doubt a TAG limps 32 or 37, and maybe not even 87. Looks to me like 55, 44, or maybe JT.

krishanleong
11-29-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

his most likely holdings are 44/55 and maybe 78. JT is the most probable hand of all because he didnt cap the turn. i just really dont understand why youd slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet, he capped with 78 and totally reamed my butt. I was sad. 3-betting seemed right at the time. Thanks for the validation.

Krishan

mab_nyc69
11-29-2005, 11:52 AM
i think you played it perfect. looks like one of those horrific beats but maybe you get lucky with pocket 5s or tj. could be a busted draw since he didnt raise post flop. results?

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet, he capped with 78 and totally reamed my butt. I was sad. 3-betting seemed right at the time. Thanks for the validation.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Might want to post the real hand next time, and in doing so, put it here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=beats

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just kidding, people need to know that they should 3-bet this.

krishanleong
11-29-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just that but look at how brilliant the turn call of my 3-bet is. That call totally rules and get's 4 bets on the river with the nuts out of every tag who read my post.

Krishan

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just that but look at how brilliant the turn call of my 3-bet is. That call totally rules and get's 4 bets on the river with the nuts out of every tag who read my post.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but in order to pull it off, you need to be willing to open-limp this from MP.

Do you think his call turn call was correct? I am trying to find reasons why it wouldn't be, but it seems good...?

krishanleong
11-29-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but in order to pull it off, you need to be willing to open-limp this from MP.

Do you think his call turn call was correct? I am trying to find reasons why it wouldn't be, but it seems good...?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's great. Calling the nuts on the turn can be great in the right spot.

Krishan

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I kinda like it. What is your plan as Villain when the board pairs, and Hero leads? Does it matter which card pairs?

TStoneMBD
11-29-2005, 12:14 PM
yah his turn call is truly brilliant but it could have been done for all the wrong reasons. its hard to successfully net +ev by smoothcalling like that unless you have a good read.

krishanleong
11-29-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I kinda like it. What is your plan as Villain when the board pairs, and Hero leads? Does it matter which card pairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise/call. Note you lose the same as if you had capped the turn.

Krishan

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get check raised on the river after capping the turn it does. If you capped the turn, and he led into you on the river, you just call, right?

krishanleong
11-29-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get check raised on the river after capping the turn it does. If you capped the turn, and he led into you on the river, you just call, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.

Krishan

tolbiny
11-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Villan is taggy, but open limps. Pretty much leaves out JJ, no? Strange hand, he could easily have 44,55 or 78s. It seems strange that he would call the turn three bet so he could raise the river. This stinks like the nuts that he doesn't want you to fold to his cap, but the nuts here could be vulnerable to a flush draw. Hmmmm, 78 spades seems like his most likely hand.

tolbiny
11-29-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not against a good thinking player. Three betting BAD.