PDA

View Full Version : Feedback please

Justaloser
07-05-2003, 11:59 PM
.25/.50 limit table. Full table or almost full

MP limps, SB completes, I check with K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

Flop is 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif k /forums/images/icons/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, MP calls, SB reraises (huh?), I three bet, MP calls, SB caps it, I call and MP calls.
Comments please. I didn't feel that SB had AK or KK or else he would have raise preflop.

Turn is A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

SB bets, I call, MP raises, SB calls, I call (stupid, I know)

River is 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

SB checks, I check, MP bets, SB calls, I fold.

Any guesses what they have....

Also, comments on my play would be appreciated.

Results in next post.

Justaloser
07-06-2003, 12:01 AM
MP had A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
SB had K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

asdf1234
07-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Before the flop with only the SB limping and one MP limper, you might consider raising to take the initiative in the hand, that way if the flop misses everyone, you can pick up the pot, but it really depends on the players. Also, you probably have the best hand.

You played fine on the flop, if SB wants to cap with top pair no kicker, that's good for you, as is MP calling 4 bets with second pair.

As for the turn, it's a pretty easy fold (at least after MP raises), since the SB probably has you beat (at least that's what the action indicates, but he must be some kind of maniac) and the MP has woken up, and he either picked up something on the turn or was slowplaying something from the flop. People who start betting and raising on the turn usually have something.

Fine fold on the river, you don't have enough to overcall.

Ed Miller
07-06-2003, 08:31 AM
I would raise preflop in that spot... you likely have the best hand. I would have folded to the turn raise... your hand is clearly no good at that point.