PDA

View Full Version : AA on the bubble in the SB - How to extract value?

Damian UK
11-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Hello All

I have AA in the SB against another large stack, so how do I get value for them? The BB is a solid player and is not reckless, so a I don't think a push would do anything as he is likely to fold. I want to use my bullets to build my stack /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Any help most appreciated

Thanks

Damian
ps $3 buy-in as I am learning to multi-table

Hand Start.
Seat 2 : Hero has $5,945
Seat 7 : gbm420 has $5,790
Seat 8 : mrnuke has $1,755
Seat 9 : Sickboy-100 has $4,510
Sickboy-100 is the dealer.
Hero posted small blind.
gbm420 posted big blind.

Seat 2 : Hero has Ad As
mrnuke folded.
Sickboy-100 folded.

My move?

Jman28
11-29-2005, 07:56 AM
What are the blinds? Is he aggressive? Have you been aggressive?

tigerite
11-29-2005, 07:56 AM
Standard raise. He's more likely to re-raise or come over the top thinking you can't call or something like that.

You haven't told us the blind sizes which would help

11-29-2005, 07:57 AM
i think there are two routes to go down now.
1) limp coz the situation reflects heads up play. he can check or raise. then u bet out at the flop for a probe bet hope he comes along for the ride. if he doesnt come along it was never ment to be.
2) raise 3xbb to find out if he wants to play a marginal hand given u may have robbed some of his blinds earlier. then u can toast him.

i like the limp given its Blind vs blind here, HoH also agrees with this idea.

after the flop try get as much in a possible.

Melchiades
11-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Standard raise. If he has 72o he will fold, but waddaya gonna do? Better than letting him see a 27J flop for free and wanting to kill yourself after he takes most of your stack.

11-29-2005, 08:08 AM
What are the blinds?
I'd raise 2.5-3BB for value. I don't want to give BB free flop by limping and I woulnd't mind if he folds preflop either.
If he raises a lot after you limp in sb though I'd go for a limp-raise.

Damian UK
11-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Apologies blinds are 150/300

Damian
ps how do I edit my prvious post? It wont let me?

Damian UK
11-29-2005, 08:27 AM
blinds 150/300

He has been solid, I have tried to win the blinds once every orbit if I can by raising with better than average hands (2-4 X BB) otherwise I have quite happily folded through.

I was getting the feeling that the other 2 largish stacks were waiting for shorty to make a move and were settling for ITM first and only playing/raising with good hands.

Thanks

Damian

tigerite
11-29-2005, 08:28 AM
I'd still raise here, to about t800.

Damian UK
11-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks all for the replies i did raise to 1K as I don't want him limping in and hitting 2 pr, flush/str draw etc. I think in this situation when I haven't won anything yet, a limp is appaling especially given his stack size and the fact he can do some very serious damage to my stack if he hits - Just interested in how much to raise.

I did raise to 1K (2+XBB) and he called for another 700

Flop 7 Q K r I checked hoping he had a small piece and would bet/push intending to push or call myself, he checked.

turn 9, I bet out 1/2 pot of 1K and was re-raised to 2K.

Alarm bells are ringing now as he has been solid so he could have all sorts of draws/made hands. I just can't let this hand go, so should I push or just call?

I am now starting to think I have balls'd this up!

Thanks

Damian

tigerite
11-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Call. Again, if you push here, he will fold hands you have smashed, and only call when he has you completely beat. By calling, you open up the chance of him bluffing the river when you check to him, and then you can call his bet. Or raise if it's an ace, or whatever.

Damian UK
11-29-2005, 09:05 AM
Cheers tigerite for your input

Damian

tigerite
11-29-2005, 09:11 AM
I like the check on the flop by the way, but only because you can check-raise all-in. If there was less in the pot, I think you should lead out on the flop.

Damian UK
11-29-2005, 09:20 AM
That was the plan hoping he hit a K or Q and fancied his hand.

I did think about a probe bet of 400-800 and hope to induce a push - if I had been after him this is definately what i would have done, a 'fake' continuation bet hoping for the same result /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I like the check on the flop by the way, but only because you can check-raise all-in. If there was less in the pot, I think you should lead out on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]