PDA

View Full Version : So I think I'm ready to move up

Sean D
11-29-2005, 06:05 AM
I am getting back into poker after a brief hiatus. I have been playing for days on end. I am completely exhausted, but I feel as though it is time to move up limits. After completely destroying the tagfest .50/1 dollar tables at party I pretty much feel I can beat everything. I thought about just moving up to 10/20, but I feel my time would be better served at the 50/100 tables. Normally I'd need at least 10BBs to move up, but I'm gonna take a shot. Wish me luck!

http://sean3d333.tripod.com/irungoot.jpg

11-29-2005, 07:00 AM
Err, how do you know you're not on a hot streak?

angst
11-29-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Err, how do you know you're not on a hot streak?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously a joke. Read it again.

Solami17
11-29-2005, 09:39 AM
LOL...

GL crushing the 50/100

Sean D
11-29-2005, 10:31 AM
I know I'm not on a hot streak. My sample size is pretty large, and it's fairly easy to conclude that I am one of the best players on this forum. I am giving lessons now btw, PM me if interested.

Solami17
11-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I think you need to play in the game that best fits you BR. If you lose one hand on such a high limit, ur screwed.

GL once again

Sean D
11-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Well, as you can see, I win just about every hand I play. So that shouldn't be a problem. And anyway, I have backers that are salivating at the mouth to back me, so if it came down to it, I know i could get a couple hundred more from them.

Btw, my going rate for lessons is directly proportional to my standard deviation/100. I don't feel it is right to discuss it on the forums, so once again, PM me if interested.

11-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Why just 50/100? Why not take a crack heads up for 500/1000? you are clearly skilled enough to beat it.

I will roll you if you want, just PM me.

11-29-2005, 11:46 AM
This gimmick post gets my approval. I would consider taking your roll to the big game at Bellagio- 9 BB/100 there is like 70k/100.

derick
11-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Screw that small stakes.

Play Andy Beal in the $100,000/$200,000

Wes ManTooth
11-29-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After completely destroying the tagfest .50/1 dollar tables at party I pretty much feel I can beat everything

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant

11-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Anyone can win at the lower levels. You should only go up to the $1/$2 and see if you can win at that level. I've seen many good players tumble at the top. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Soh
11-29-2005, 01:50 PM
After completely destroying the tagfest .50/1 dollar tables at party I pretty much feel I can beat everything

LOL!!!

EStreet20
11-29-2005, 01:54 PM
This actually is one of the better troll posts I've seen. First funny one in a while.

11-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Put your whole BR on the side bet. That's an easy way to increase it for playing at the higher levels.

liquid
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have backers that are salivating at the mouth to back me

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call, steer clear of the ones who are salivating elsewhere.

11-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I am a wealthy businessman with a keen eye for opportunity and a deep interest in poker. I am searching for young talented poker players like yourself who just need a bit of a bankroll in order to progress their careers in the poker world to the elite level. I can help you!

I am willing to take a risk in this venture because I firmly believe the potential rewards far outweigh any risk. I've made my millions by taking chances and spotting talet in various fields. I purchased 6 junior Mexican soccer teams 8 years ago and they have produced talent such as Pizotzu Reebas and Hopop Caan who are both now household names and earn millions of dollars in the euorpean leagues. If I can discover the next Greg Raymer or Joe Hachem then the payoff will be in the millions. Let me tell you, I can spot poker talet and I'll tell you what: You could have what it takes. Not only could you go pro, but you could win the World Series of Poker! Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

There is no catch. I will deposit funds into your nominated bank account and I'll take 50% of any weekly or monthly profits you make using that bankroll. If you do happen to have a losing month (due to natural variance or whatever) then you owe me nothing. Additionally I will take half from any televised tournaments you enter using money from this bankroll but that is all. There is not risk to you! PM me with your bank details, email, phone no. and credit card number (required by my financial institution for identification purposes) and I'll be in contact with you to sign a formal contract and arrange full payment into your new bankroll.

I really look forward to hearing from you and supporting you in your new career.

Best Regards,

Psymon Lior

peritonlogon
11-29-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone can win at the lower levels. You should only go up to the $1/$2 and see if you can win at that level. I've seen many good players tumble at the top. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
He'd clearly just be wasting his time at 1/2, didn't you see? 8.99BB/100 hands ... you're saying he should be making $9/hr instead of $5000 (assuming 50 hands per hour)? Are you insane?

Sean D
11-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Well I decided to take my shot this morning. I don't see why you guys are making such a big deal about this. 50/100 isn't that much different than the .50/1 games. I have found I needed to play tighter and more aggressive than usual. I sat down with my full 8bb roll, and doubled up on the third hand. From there it was pretty standard. I didn't get in many marginal spots, and I got lucky a couple times. I turned a straight against Kukavica's overpair, and got 3 bets in on the turn and the river. I laughed at him in the chatbox, and I think it put him on tilt. He kept trying to 3-bet isolate me, but that was when i actually had a hand!

Overall I'm satisfied with how I did. Maybe I really am playing too small stakes for my skill level. I have considered moving to Las Vegas, but I don't know if my dog will like that. Perhaps I will take a vacation there with my winnings. Thanks again for all the support! I can say with full confidence that if it were not for Two Plus Two Publishing and their web site, I would not have realized my true potential.

Sean D
11-29-2005, 05:30 PM
For those interested, I have included my stats. I don't intend for this to be a brag post. I just want to be an inspiration to those who once played the low limits like myself.

http://sean3d333.tripod.com/50100.jpg

SL__72
11-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Wow, obviously the play at 50/100 is far superior to the play at .5/1... look at how much your winrate dropped!

Sean D
11-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Well, like I said, it is a little tighter and more aggressive. I think I can average about 10bb/100 or so if I stick to one table. Reads are slightly more important, and I was watching The Price Is Right this morning while playing, so next time I will pay more attention and I think that will show in my winrate.

11-29-2005, 06:02 PM
You can't argue with those stats.

rusty090
11-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Once, when I was playing online poker I won three hands in a row and I decided I was good enough to move up and went and played at the 5/10 NL table at Poker Room and now I live in a cardboard box.

jman220
11-29-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folded BB to Steal%: Never

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic!

12-01-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once, when I was playing online poker I won three hands in a row and I decided I was good enough to move up and went and played at the 5/10 NL table at Poker Room and now I live in a cardboard box.

[/ QUOTE ]

A cardboard box with internet? Where do I find one?

CORed
12-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Don't let all these skirt-wearing sissy's tell you you need 10BB. If you really know how to play, 3BB is plenty. Hell, all you need is a chip and chair.