PDA

View Full Version : 11/29/05 Daily Suckout

Sponger15SB
11-29-2005, 03:01 AM
$1/2 6max game on Ultimate Bet

Game is totally crazy and full of action, I'm running hot but also getting sucked out on a ton, it seems like every time I flop two pair or a straight I lose to something on the [censored] river. But I am catching tons of high pocket pairs and big broadways to only be down a little bit against these retarded action monkeys.

Anyways, UTG folds, I raise with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, CO 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, I call.

Flop is a beautiful A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, I raise, CO 3bets, BB calls, and I cap while the star spangled banner is going off in my head.

Turn is a Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, I raise, CO calls, BB reraises, I cap, CO calls, BB calls.

River is the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets again, I call, CO raises, BB 3bets, I call hoping for a split pot, CO caps, BB calls, and I make a crying call for 1 bet in a large pot.

BB shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for runner-runner 1 card royal
CO shows A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif for quads

I hate [censored] poker. [censored] me [censored] me [censored] me [censored] me

27offsooot
11-29-2005, 03:06 AM
HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That is Royal Hold'em. U drawing dead on the flop.

(If it's not, ur calldown on the river still sucks)

jph0424
11-29-2005, 03:08 AM
horrendous river call

Sponger15SB
11-29-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
horrendous river call

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you shouldn't fold in a large pot for 1 bet on the river?

Idiot.

Sponger15SB
11-29-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks man, you're real [censored] cool

jph0424
11-29-2005, 03:18 AM
im talking about calling the 3 bet. That was awful. you called 2 cold and your only hope is that they were overplaying the 2 non diamond Ks. Like I said, horrendous call. I seriously hope you are joking here.

EnderW27
11-29-2005, 03:18 AM
Excuse me? I refer you to page 152 of Small Stakes Hold 'em (AKA Winning Big With Expert Play) where it says, and I quote "Folding the best hand on the river in a large pot is the single worst mistake you can make."

The single worst!

Are you, sir, calling Mr. Miller a liar?
Do you think you know more than Mr. Malmuth?
Would you care to explain to Mr. Sklansky that his entire book, nay, his entire thesis is wrong?

Just who in the hell do you think you are that you can waltz into this thread and presume to know more than these masters?

Go back to euchre with your grandma. We have no more use for you in a poker discussion.

jph0424
11-29-2005, 03:22 AM
Show me where Sklansky or Miller says calling 2 cold on the river with KhQc on a As Ad Qd Jd Td board is a good play. This is awful, I challenge you to post this in SHUSH, I seriously hope you guys are kidding.

Sponger15SB
11-29-2005, 03:22 AM
oh ok, thanks for the clarification

27offsooot
11-29-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks man, you're real [censored] cool

[/ QUOTE ]

Can
you
read
past
that
line?

Sponger15SB
11-29-2005, 03:27 AM
Not any more

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

27offsooot
11-29-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Show me where Sklansky or Miller says calling 2 cold on the river with KhQc on a As Ad Qd Jd Td board is a good play. This is awful, I challenge you to post this in SHUSH, I seriously hope you guys are kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially in a game where only 20 cards are used.

27offsooot
11-29-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not any more

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a first for me. How do I know that you don't have that quote as a shortcut key and have actually ignored me. I won't be putting you on ignore, your stuff is

EnderW27
11-29-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They give four tips for playing a large pot:

1) Continue with marginal hands that you might fold in a large pot (KQ is a marginal hand because it isn't suited. As we all know, if Sponger had the KQ suited in diamonds he would have won this pot so there's that).

2) Seize the opportunity to knock out players. (How many times did Sponger raise? Heck, just seeing that flop, I could tell Sponger was digging the hole and putting twigs over it. Why the others stuck around I have no idea).

3) Continue to draw even when you suspect that you might be drawing dead (And he wasn't until the river when the pot was so huge, even Charlie Sheen could afford hookers and blow when it was won)

4) Call liberally for one bet on the river, even when you are almost certain you are beaten. (again, you call these three (and did you forget Malmuth? He's probably reading this now and he could ban you for that slight) liars? Why? What have they ever done to you?)

Well played Sponger.

jph0424
11-29-2005, 03:34 AM
Ender this is classic. I just hope there are not beginners reading this and taking it as gospel. Im sorry it took me so long to get the joke.

scotty34
11-29-2005, 03:49 AM
BIMO. I am going to visit this forum everyday just for these.

TheMainEvent
11-29-2005, 03:58 AM
It's gonna suck for you after you're a mod and you have to unignore these people to see what they're posting

11-29-2005, 05:11 AM
It's fairly obvious that the other two were colluding. I hope you reported them. You know they split the profit from that hand and are also involved in the international drug trade.

whodaman
11-29-2005, 10:57 AM
no one noticed the 5 aces in play? lol

Eurotrash
11-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Sponger, just when I think you can't possibly coax more table coach idiots into telling you how bad you play, you come up with something like this and comepletely outdo yourself

I tip my hat to you, excellent thread

TheWorstPlayer
11-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Capping the turn is terrible. Someone is obviously freerolling you. And you smell.

Entity
11-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I'd like to re-nominate Sponger for mod of this forum. Seriously.

DMBFan23
11-29-2005, 12:14 PM
I laugh every time. more daily suckouts, please.

SL__72
11-29-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no one noticed the 5 aces in play? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what makes this so good... obviously rivering a 5th ace to give one guy quads and the other a royal is the best suckout ever.

Burno
11-29-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to re-nominate Sponger for mod of this forum. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

Sponger15SB
11-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I keep playing on UB to clear this bonus but its like every time I flop a straight I lose to a full house?

Has anyone noticed a large number of bad beats happening on UB latley? I think this [censored] is [censored] rigged.