PDA

View Full Version : Bottom two and OESD v. preflop raiser.

dibbs
11-29-2005, 02:51 AM
I cant find this hand history, sorry if the pot odds etc are a bit off...

50$ PLO 9 handed I have 50 bbs button has me way covered. He is average kind of moronic player, fortunately for him I am much worse.

I limp 5678 rainbow hijack after some limpers, standard raise for most of you I imagine but Im attempting to reduce my variance at the moment, button raises, few callers. Flop 5 7 K rainbow. We check to button who pots it folded to me I checkraise all in.

Standardish or too loose? Some of these details I know are fuzzy but you get the idea I hope.

joewatch
11-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Looks OK to me. Hope nobody has KK.

11-29-2005, 11:22 AM
If you are trying to reduce variance why are you boosting the pot so high. I guess you do have some fold equity by raising, but checking to the initial raiser as 2nd to last is very sketchy and seems to be a very weak play (instead of leading out). Against KKxx ds ur 26/73, against KKxx ss ur 28/72. Against K7xx ur 39/62 dog. The only other hands that call you are 55xx and 77xx, but the chance of your opponent having that is quite low. I think that if he pots you just call and take a card off. This gives u turn-bluff equity and keeps the pot small. I dont hate the play, but if your trying to decrease variance (1) dont play PLO and (2) dont build pots when u may only be a small favorite and will only be called by someone that is beating or crushing you.

dibbs
11-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Good points. I need to get the idea out of my head that everytime someone raises they have AAxx.