PDA

View Full Version : NLHU question - blind minraise defense strategy

Marlow
11-29-2005, 01:06 AM
I've been playing a guy HU a lot recently who is really tight-passive. He likes to minraise preflop (in this game, the SB is also the Button). When I go over the top of him(usually a little more than pot), he calls 100% of the time. After the flop he pretty much plays his cards and can be tough to blow off of 2nd or 3rd pair. So here are my questions:

What hands should I be folding to minraises?

Since I know I'll be called whrn I raise OOP, should I only be reraising with big implied odds hands like mid to big pocket pairs and decent suited aces?

If I want to start leading into him more on the flop after he minraises, what kind of strategy do you suggest? (In other words, if he folds 50% of the time to my lead, how often should I be leading?)

Any other advice/help would be appreciated.

r3vbr
11-29-2005, 01:14 AM
i would reraise with any high cards against this guy
QT KJ A9 etc.. then make your top pair and make him pay with his trash hands

but i suck at heads-up so what do I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tdomeski
11-29-2005, 02:25 AM
just raise hands that flop top pair (other than bad aces b/c you won't get paid off by hands you are leading vs him)

if you can't figure out how to beat him stop playing him though

BIgMc
11-29-2005, 04:56 AM
Whenever you reraise pre-flop, just put a pot sized bet down on the flop. Put him to the test, and let him know you're re-raises mean a big call for him on the flop too. The hands you are re-raising him with are usually ahead post flop too. Early pos can be very powerful heads up. Typically, first one to get in the pot will win it. Use it to your advantage.

make sure to stay consistent, very important