PDA

View Full Version : ATs

11-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Pacific 3/6. Hero is one off the button with A10s.

PREFLOP:
TAG-ish but not too great MP+1 raises, 43% VPIP over around 30 hands MP+2 coldcalls, I coldcall, everyone folds.

FLOP:
7 10 J raindbow, one to my suite.

MP+1 bets, MP+2 calls, I ...

First let me clear up preflop. Normally I wouldn't coldcall, but this is Pacific and I expected (based on stats) at least two of the blinds/button to call, which I figured made this worth it.

On the flop I think i have a good chance of having the best hand. My thought, however, was to raise the turn on an undercard and take a free showdown. I figure I can definately fold to a 3-bet and I get the most out of the TAG-ish when I'm ahead because he probably has two overs and a straight draw, so he won't fold for two unless he has an underpair, and even then he might have 6 outs and call with 88 or 99.

I feel thatI need major improvement SH, and am actually planning on playing a bunch of 6-max over the break, so feel free to yell at me as long as you explain why.

nubs
11-29-2005, 01:27 AM
You gave us the VP$IP stat of the cold caller but you left out the most important one, the openers raising percentage.If he is a tight raiser i would lean toward folding unless you were fairly confiden this pot was going to be contested 4 or 5 handed. With a looser raiser a 3 bet may be in order.

I do like the idea of poppin a safe looking turn for a free showdown. But if you are called by the loosie only a river value bet may be in order.