PDA

View Full Version : gang tapes...movie

bernie
07-05-2003, 06:14 PM
anyone see this flick? i just rented it. pretty raw look at the LA sewers. (ganglife)

much better than boyz in the hood (realism-wise)

i looked at some reviews on various sites afterward and they were saying it never made it to theaters. the seemingly serious responders of the reviews were saying it was because people were scared about what may happen at the theaters, saying it was nonsense and people would come out of the movie in silence. along with some various other racial reasons and such.

i thought this was bull. it IS because it will cause riots and more at some theaters. i think the responders may be too young to remember what happened when boyz in the hood came out or 'Colors' for that matter. (even 'the warriors') there were riots and shootings. (at least up here there were. every night for a few weeks) soon theaters (multiplexes) were losing money because who wanted to see a movie in the middle of a temp war zone. (those were wonderful summers)

it is too bad that a movie like this cant be shown publicly. im not at all for censorship, but i am in favor of a theater being able to show what they want for whatever reason. and i think the safety issue is well qualified and documented for this type of flick. the first ones in line are the gangbangers. then the representin' starts, then the words, then the fights, then the gunfire.

unfortunately for the responders, the theaters DID learn from at least 2 previous movies the likelihood of what may happen.
maybe the responders should take a little history lesson

great rental though. intense flick.

give it a whirl...

b