PDA

View Full Version : AQ OOP

BigEndian
11-29-2005, 12:34 AM
The PFRor is a tight player, almost rockish it appears. The players in the middle are a wide variety.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: BigEndian is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BigEndian calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (11.66 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BigEndian checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, BigEndian calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.83 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BigEndian...

To be continued...

- Jim

hobbsmann
11-29-2005, 12:43 AM
your realive position really sucks in this hand. I kind of like the idea of checking and seeing what plays out. The thinking being that giving the rockish read on the pfr he has a strong chance of 'waking up' on this turn in which you will be able to get away from your hand cheaply. Also by checking you will probably be able to peel the river correctly depending on the action with the combination of your trip + gutshot outs.

Donking this turn just seems like a disaster waiting to happen, but I could be wrong....

sfer
11-29-2005, 12:57 AM
I like checking. This is a pot that I would really not like to put two turn bets and I'm of the opinion that the Q is a pretty crappy card.

flopmonster
11-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Yea I definitely think a check is in order here. Your turn action depends on a lot of variables obviously. Can we get the turn action back to you?

BigEndian
11-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Ok, so far so good. Action continues...

Turn: (7.83 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 players)
BigEndian checks. The rest of the known universe checks.

The player in MP2 is loose and very aggressive but is no maniac and definitely not an idiot. I don't know how this applies really, but I was certain he had some notion that the PFRor was tight. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and bullets to start firing.

River: (7.83BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)
BigEndian checks. Checked to MP2 who bets. MP3 folds. Button calls. BigEndian...

Am I setting fire to a BB here? The button had not demonstrated himself as very aggressive to this point.

- Jim

flopmonster
11-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Looks like a split is VERY possible between you and button here and you should keep that in mind when deciding whether to call...(i dont see what else button could have than AQ here really, maybe 10 10?) Given your description of MP2 and the buttons action I think theres is a very slim chance button has you beat and the call looks profitable overall even considering this may well be a split pot

flawless_victory
11-29-2005, 07:10 AM
threebet preflop and hope to knock some of these guys out.
a river checkraise might be a nice little creative play... you are most likely tied w/ the button and if u think MP would always bet a K+ on fourth steet, then do it. u might steal half the pot.
maybe MP calls w/ JT and button fold AQ... that would reaslly be sick.

BigEndian
11-29-2005, 09:31 AM
I don't like 3-betting PF. It may create some dead money (one or two seats worth), but I think that pales in comparison to the chances of me putting more money in with the worst hand OOP.

Raising the river is interesting, but I can't say whether MP2 would bet a King on the turn. Since he's agg he probably would. But he could also be lining the PFR up for some hurt by checking to him.

- Jim

BigEndian
11-29-2005, 03:37 PM
I folded. MP2 showed QT and he Button dragged the pot with AQ and I couldn't help but feel a little weak tight. I really dislike overcalling and the button had me baffled the way he played this hand so I couldn't read his hand.

- Jim

bobbyi
11-29-2005, 06:26 PM
I would bet the river. With the turn checking around, it seems reasonable that AQ could be the best hand here and I think it is more likely that someone with a jack (or worse) looks you up than that a worse hand bets.

W. Deranged
11-29-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the river. With the turn checking around, it seems reasonable that AQ could be the best hand here and I think it is more likely that someone with a jack (or worse) looks you up than that a worse hand bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and like betting the river for multiway value and because I think by taking the initiative we are more likely to win the whole pot in situations where we're chopping and not miss out on value from mediocre hands that would make a crying call on the river.

Surfbullet
11-29-2005, 07:01 PM
bobby summed up my thoughts as well.

I check the turn, and bet the river.

Surf

WillyTrailer
11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Jim,

Given that you checked the river, I'd be raising any bet.

-WT

BigEndian
11-29-2005, 08:11 PM
I just became convinced to never post results ever again.

- Jim