PDA

View Full Version : Differences at 5/10 between Prima and Party

kapw7
11-28-2005, 10:13 PM
I've been playing at Prima for the last month as they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I've been playing 3/6 and tried also lately the 5/10 games. They look pretty tough but I guess there are always the bad players/donators depending on the time of the day.

So my question is how these compare to Party 5/10 SH. I'm sure that table selection is much better but is Party so much better that someone can achieve a 1 BB increase in winrate by moving from Prima to Party (5/10 SH)?

Cheers
K.

kapw7
11-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Come on guys. No reply? There are at least 4-5 posters here who are regulars at the Prima games...

Roy6
11-29-2005, 02:36 PM
In my Prima database at 2/4 through 4/8, approx. 41% see the flop. At 5/10 it's 38%. My experience is that 5/10 tables are running more often than 3/6, although they are not so easy as Party.

There are very few calling stations at Prima, against you can just bet a medium strong hand all the way and they pay off with K-high.

The bad players at Prima are usually the overagressive ones, and there's plenty of them. Be prepared of all kind of strange bluffs. These guys are usually better than the Party donks though, they will calm down in multiway pots and occasionally bully you in HU pots.

A little drawback is also that you can't see mucked hands (that helps me a lot on Party) and the showdown is rather fast too.

The blinds are 1/2 structured at all levels, that's nice IMO, generating more action at both 3/6 and 5/10.

I wouldn't like to comment about winrates as I don't have enough hands, not to mention I have a lot of leaks too.

--

If it's not confidental, may I ask you to PM me what kind of offer you got?

kapw7
11-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks Roy

Check your PM.