PDA

View Full Version : Any value in turn bluff?

_And1_
11-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1 BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

BB ($40.80)
Hero ($100.20)
UTG+1 ($40)
MP1 ($98)
MP2 ($40)
CO ($25)
Button ($114.20)
SB ($80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $6.5</font>, 5 folds, Hero calls $5.50, UTG+1 calls $5.50.

Flop: ($22) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($22) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players) Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets $17</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $71.9</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $54.90.

River: ($165.80) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $21.8 (All-In)</font>, MP1 calls $19.60 (All-In).

Final Pot: $207.20

I kind of figured that the turn better has AA, since he made a pf bet that hadnt been seen earlier, and he very likey wouldnt bet without nutflush... So i thought i could push him out with the sole k /images/graemlins/heart.gif ... apparently not...

Input pls? In short i should have bet the flop but was worried for the suited A from the pfraiser so i didnt.. silly me...

The river bet was obviously a waste of money.

TheRempel
11-28-2005, 11:10 PM
You need to know your opponents a little better before you make these types of moves. You certainly should have bet the flop, even out of position. Your checkraise on the turn is certainly sketchy looking to most perceptive players and if he did have AA and was a typical $100 player, most of the time he's not folding here.

Tilt
11-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Even if this is an opponent vulnerable to this kind of move, the issue is its still the turn, and he has redraws. To make this work you need to lead the turn but leave enough in his stack to fold the river. But that line is expensive, and since he could hit his redraw, you should take that line very rarely.

BluffTHIS!
11-29-2005, 12:26 AM
With only 3 players seeing the flop, I am betting the flop almost every time. But as played, like the other posters said, you need to know whether you are up against a calling station, and you need to have a sufficient stack size to followup if you are called, which you didn't. The whole thing in big bet poker is not just the size of the current bet/raise you present someone with, but the size of the future one you can put to them as well, especially in the case of a semi-bluff move. And you might as well just save that last $20 on the river as you played it, even if it means check/folding. As Mike Caro has said, money you don't lose is the same as money you win. Oftentimes you will be against players you don't know well, and when such a previously unknown player demonstrates on any street that they are a calling station, then it is just chip spewing to keep going at them.

My comments above about saving that last $20 in a big pot are assuming you are not against a known player so loose that they would be in there with bottom set or top 2 only on that board.

joewatch
11-29-2005, 06:08 AM
I think this is a bad place to make a naked K/A bluff since there's also a possible str8 flush on the board.

SA125
11-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Anyone fold this pre-flop?