PDA

View Full Version : Overplayed TT into EP Raise?

11-28-2005, 10:01 PM
The board looked like trouble but everyone acted weak

UTG is 41.38/5.75%PFR/0.67 AF/87 hands. I read him as textbook calling station. and he has gone to showdown 35% of the time

UTG+1 is 53.49/4.65%PFR/2.13 AF/43 hands. He's been killing the rest of the table with nonstop betting and taking most of the pots without showdown. I successfully isolated him twice and took down nice pots when he showed bottom pair.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $1.
UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds,Hero 3-bets,5 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks,Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (9.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

11-28-2005, 10:20 PM
I think UTG woke up with two pair on the river (AT, JT). I would assume UTG is would raise AA and JJ preflop, probably KQ as well, so I think you can rule out those hands. I think you're ahead enough on the river to 3-bet the raise.

Bill Lumberg
11-28-2005, 10:22 PM
UTG is a wuss, you are beat, and he's just calling down to "save" himself money. How about trying to get to showdown as cheap as possible by checking the turn and taking a free card?

11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
UTG did raise preflop

11-28-2005, 10:26 PM
With those reads I like the Preflop 3bet to isolate the two individuals. You've got a good hand and you have position

I bet it all the way and I three bet the river and call a cap.
The only hand you are behind is pocket AA/JJ - I don't think 55 raises PF. I think you get popped on the turn by AA or JJ.

11-28-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG is a wuss, you are beat, and he's just calling down to "save" himself money. How about trying to get to showdown as cheap as possible by checking the turn and taking a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding about this?
The turn check is very weak - I'm not giving any free cards to the loose players. I might bet the turn then fold to raise but most likely call turn reraise and fold UI vs another river bet.

If UI it take the free card on the river only......

Bill Lumberg
11-28-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet it all the way and I three bet the river and call a cap.
The only hand you are behind is pocket AA/JJ - I don't think 55 raises PF. I think you get popped on the turn by AA or JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, what is villain raising the river with?

11-28-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think UTG woke up with two pair on the river (AT, JT). I would assume UTG is would raise AA and JJ preflop, probably KQ as well, so I think you can rule out those hands. I think you're ahead enough on the river to 3-bet the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....

As for the concern about the PFR - If you are beat then there is nothing you can do about it. You've got a great hand and have to push that edge against loose opponents that have done nothing up to this point but call.

Bill Lumberg
11-28-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding about this?
The turn check is very weak - I'm not giving any free cards to the loose players. I might bet the turn then fold to raise but most likely call turn reraise and fold UI vs another river bet.

If UI it take the free card on the river only......

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, yeah, that's much better, bet turn, check behind on river.

11-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Looks pretty darn good to me. I love it when I hit a set on the river.

11-28-2005, 10:37 PM
AA-88
AK - AT
KQ - KT

I think there are a lot of possibilities with this type of player. He seems loose
If he has slow played it up to this point then you just got screwed but I think there are a lot of hands that are possible.

Bill Lumberg
11-28-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think UTG woke up with two pair on the river (AT, JT).

[/ QUOTE ]

He wouldn't raise UTG with those hands.

11-28-2005, 10:44 PM
That is a strange betting pattern by UTG. Check-Raising the river? Huh. I can't really put him on a hand with that play. Strange indeed.

Anyway, I probably play the hand the same way but im not sure about the turn. I'm probably to big of a wuss there and check behind because of them calling me down all the time so they must be on something. But I prolly bet it 50% of the times here aswell.

On the river I raise his raise. I have the best hand. I have a really really hard time putting him on JJ or AA here.

Mathieu
11-28-2005, 10:59 PM
It sounds like UTG is a tight raiser, is TT strong enough to 3 bet vs his range of hands? I think the presence of a loose caller and a poster somewhat compensates for the fact that we may be behind UTG+1. I'm not sure it justifies a 3 bet though. If the rest of the table is LOOSE passive, it may be correct to cold call.

This flop is ugly, we are ahead of no hands of a tight utg raiser other than KQs. If my read was solid I would just give up the pot. If my read consists mostly of stats, I play it as you did because it's possible that utg raises more hands like KQo and 88+ and just got a cold run of cards.

utg+1 does not worry me right now because his range is very wide.

Bill Lumberg
11-28-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AA-88
AK - AT
KQ - KT

I think there are a lot of possibilities with this type of player. He seems loose
If he has slow played it up to this point then you just got screwed but I think there are a lot of hands that are possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to OP's read, your range is way too wide. According to the read, this guy only raises with the nuts. Call on the river.

11-29-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think UTG woke up with two pair on the river (AT, JT).

[/ QUOTE ]

He wouldn't raise UTG with those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Misread the post. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jaran
11-29-2005, 01:41 AM
Ummm, you have a FH on the river and he has broadway, I'm guessing. Why no 3bet?

-Jaran