PDA

View Full Version : Top Pair on flop with 4 left to act

fooz
11-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Party 5/10 6-handed

Family pot (minus MP) with no preflop raise. All players are between 40 and 50 VPIP with a mix of passive and aggressive.

Hero has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif in SB.

5 players see this flop: 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, BB bets, 3 calls, hero raises.

What do you think? Better to bet out to further determine where I am (if a player were to raise say)? I don't think 2 bets cold is going to get this field to fold, but maybe that's a reason for betting out.

11-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Bet the flop. Call any raises. Bet/3-bet a safe turn. This is one of those spots where at low limits everyone is calling and you'll probably lose, but when you win the pot will be huge. Jam the pot on a safe turn to make $$ off the straight and flush draws.

jba
11-28-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Call any raises. Bet/3-bet a safe turn. This is one of those spots where at low limits everyone is calling and you'll probably lose, but when you win the pot will be huge. Jam the pot on a safe turn to make $$ off the straight and flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we can 3bet the turn without improving.

I like bet/3betting the flop though.

actually I don't think we can improve enough for me to 3bet the turn

11-28-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think we can 3bet the turn without improving.

I like bet/3betting the flop though.

actually I don't think we can improve enough for me to 3bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why? Because only hands that beat us will raise us on the turn? You're probably right about that. I doubt anyone would semi-bluff into a huge, family pot.