PDA

View Full Version : I walked away from an accident I witnessed...

DoomSlice
11-28-2005, 09:35 PM
I was walking to an appointment at 8oclock and I was running a little late. I was about to cross the road when I saw that some young girl was about to turn left into where I would be walking, so I stopped. When she turned, another car came baralling forward and T-Boned the girl's car and sent it sliding across the concrete. I looked in the window to see if anyone was hurt, then I left in a hurry so that I could make my appointment.

Should I have stopped to be completely sure that no one was hurt and to give the police a statement?

Edit: I didn't have my phone on me!!!

4_2_it
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
How hard would it have been to stop and call 911? Surely your back waxing appointment could have been rescheduled.

WackityWhiz
an overwhelming yes, shame on you /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Did you cal 911 as you walked away?

DoomSlice
Didn't have my phone on me.

11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have stopped to be completely sure that no one was hurt and to give the police a statement?

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on how important the appointment was.

11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Did you laugh when you looked in the window? If you did then that would make it 1000x worse then not staying to call 911.

tonypaladino
11-28-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheIrishThug
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
how r we defining semi-unimportant in this context? until i find out what u really mean, i'm sticking with i'd stop.

istewart
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
We need to know more about this appointment.

11-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Think about this....

What if it was your family member someone else would have walked away from, and they were hurt?

Wouldn't you hope they could put of there semi unimportant to maybe save someones life...its a little callous!

roundest
11-28-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DoomSlice
11-28-2005, 09:48 PM
FINE FINE! I was going to the tanner's. Are you happy!?!?

istewart
11-28-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, only fags tan, so you were probably going to hell anyway. This just assures you a quick trip. Good luck.

Matt R.
11-28-2005, 09:50 PM
lol.. that won't help your case

11-28-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were really going tanning, and didnt stop, I hope next time, the car hits you rather than the poor girl.

11-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Haha! Yeah you suck.

tonypaladino
11-28-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you really are a tool.

lapoker17
11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was going to the tanner's

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you were having some boots made or a belt or something? This seems a fairly legitimate excuse. I say don't worry about it.

man
11-28-2005, 10:07 PM
job interview (for a job I wanted very much to get): only if I was sure no one was seriously hurt and I felt like my statement wouldn't make a huge difference in the outcome.

date (with a girl that I really wanted to get with): only if I was absolutely sure that no one was hurt, and that my statement wouldn't make any difference at all.

doctor's appointment (for something potentially harmful but not urgent, like a lump on my nut) or less: I'd probably stop for a few minutes no matter what.

tanning: screw them, the chance to look good only comes once in a lifetime.

11-28-2005, 10:08 PM
A witness can provide valuable info to the police and will help with the insurance settlements. Hope the next time you are in an accident and the other guy is at fault,there are no witnesses.

youtalkfunny
11-28-2005, 11:11 PM
A million years ago, before the days of self-serve, I had a job pumping gas. It was a slow afternoon, and my co-worker and I were just sitting there, watching the traffic go by (hard to imagine for the video-game generation).

Somebody ran a Yield sign at the bottom of the exit ramp, and plowed into another car. After swapping paperwork, the guy who got hit drove over to us, asking us if we saw anything.

My co-worker took charge of the situation: "I saw it all! I saw you hit that poor guy! You were flying!" None of it was true, but the guy stopped asking for witnesses.

Talk2BigSteve
11-28-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't have my phone on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Young Girl did you can count on it, and if you have the street light behind you it could have looked like you were her angel coming out of the light to save her, then you could have gone to the hospital and taken her flowers, and then one day when she got out you could have scored...pending her pelvis wasn't crushed in the process.

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

B Dids
11-28-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Question for the room:

Is there anything he could have said that would have been worse here? Is there any appointment more missable than a dude tanning in late [censored] November?

Like seriously- you could have said "I had a class of three year old boys I needed to cornhole" and people might have thought you were less of an [censored].

4_2_it
11-28-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Question for the room:

Is there anything he could have said that would have been worse here? Is there any appointment more missable than a dude tanning in late [censored] November?

Like seriously- you could have said "I had a class of three year old boys I needed to cornhole" and people might have thought you were less of an [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm torn between pedicure, eyebrow waxing and Botox injection.

tonypaladino
11-28-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Question for the room:

[/ QUOTE ]

complete agreement

Talk2BigSteve
11-28-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Question for the room:

[/ QUOTE ]

I was running late for my Colon Irrigation Appointment would have been better than the Tanning Bed!!! What are you some kind of sissy queen?

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

11-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Well, since you are tanning every 2nd day, if you missed this day, it sets your whole schedual back, so I dont really see any good way out of this other than hurrying along to your tan.

DoomSlice
11-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Heh... I'm going on a vacation to Aruba this winter and I need to build up a tan so I don't get fried.

Did I mention it was pouring outside at the time?

DoomSlice
11-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Michigan (where I live) has no-fault insurance.

11-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Insurance aside, if there is negligence, the case can/will go to criminal/civil court and accurate accounts are needed.
Face it, you had the chance to do right and blew it. Period.

11-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Everyone looks better with a tan

DoomSlice
11-29-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I actually got kind of burned! Serves me right eh?

11-29-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Michigan (where I live) has no-fault insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas (where I live) has no fa.g insurance.

11-29-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you wearing your pink popped collared shirt?

tubalkain
11-29-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, only fags tan, so you were probably going to hell anyway. This just assures you a quick trip. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the year

gamblore99
11-29-2005, 02:32 AM
If there was any doubt that these people were not completely ok, then you are a horrible horrible person. I have heard stories about people like you, but I didn't think you guys actually existed.

11-29-2005, 03:23 AM
OMG....I get to say it

YSSCKY

mason55
11-29-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a dude tanning in late [censored] November?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he be tanning in July?

1800GAMBLER
11-29-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Skin cancer would have been fair.

Isura
11-29-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are a tool.

Yeti
11-29-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously man, just put down your spade.

Nicholasp27
11-29-2005, 11:43 AM
horrible